Costco – Bans guns in all stores.  Until last year they would intentionally and unethically deceive their members by not disclosing their policy in the membership agreement.  In 2014 they added their no guns policy to the membership agreement.

Boycott Costco

We recommend you boycott Costco and shop at BJ’s Wholesale or Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club as more suitable gun-friendly warehouse stores. Also, Kroger has been very firm in their opposition to the gun control movement, and we encourage you to support them whenever possible as well.

Most about Costco below:

Below are two documents that appear to be sourced from within Costco.  We can’t validate their authenticity but we believe them to be genuine.

One appears to be a Costco internal memo from Eric Harris, “Assistant Vice President at Costco Wholesale” to employees about their gun policy.  Note that they specifically instruct the employees not to make their gun policy public.

The other document appears to be the form letter they use to respond to customer comments about their firearm policy.

Let’s make Costco’s anti-gun policy so well-known to the public that they will have to publicly acknowledge or remove it.  Help us by sharing this page on pro-gun forums, Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, and others. (UPDATE: In 2014 Costco publicly acknowledged their status as a gun-free-zone thanks to pressure applied by unhappy gun owners.)

Costco Form Letter Costco Internal Gun Policy Memo

Below is the audio of a customer being told his rights are not respected on Costco property in May of 2013.  He describes how he was lied to by Costco when he joined, and tells them he is going to return all the stuff he bought and close his membership.

They used to intentionally hide the fact that they have a policy that bans guns.  They made it prohibitively difficult to learn about that policy unless you go through a number of steps on their corporate website.  They used to hide their firearm policy on a third party website HERE.

Sometime during 2014 they decided to include this policy in their Member Privileges and Conditions.  So there you have it.  Costco is anti-gun, and unless you are on-duty law enforcement you are not welcome there with a firearm.

An anti-gun group advises it’s anti-gun followers to shop at Costco.

Contact them:

PO Box 34331

Seattle, WA 98124

Costco.com Customer Service: 1-800-955-2292

General Member Service: 1-800-774-2678

273 Comments

1. Hey, thanks for giving me a list of companies I should praise and be sure to patronize. I’ll be sure to let Costco know that I now have one more reason to shop there.

Seriously. Are we not continually learning that “more guns!” is clearly not the answer? The NRA has yet to produce any other policy proposal that would do a darn thing about all the gun death in this country. If gun owners won’t support even basic things (like thorough, loophole-less background checks), we’re just going to keep presuming you’re not acting in good faith.

And really, shopping at Walmart/Sam’s Club is the answer? How about never. I agree with a prior poster: poverty is a worse problem, and Walmart etc. surely are massive contributors.

2. FL is also a must post state. They must prominently post it at the enterence to the property or it is allow by law. My local Costco does not have it posted. So as far as the law is concerned I can carry my firearm into the store.

3. What is with your sexual obsession and guns? Seems like you have these strange correlations about guns and penises, maybe you are disturbed and thinking that you are one of the people who should be banned from owning firearms because of your delusional sexual gun fantasies. Grow up.

4. To bad. You are welcome to call 911 and pray to god someone with a gun gets there in time. Me on the other hand will shoot back, that is my right so get over it. Your right to be stupid doesn’t trump my right to protect myself.

5. Doesn’t matter whether you trust me. I trust me. I will protect myself and if you get protected as a side effect consider yourself lucky.

6. Yeah, I support strong gun regulation, but when ANY site recommends Walmart / Sams Clubs as a better alternative to Costco, they lose my support entirely. It is said that POVERTY is the worst form of violence and Walmart / Sames Clubs perpetuate poverty. No F’g way I will go along with this groups boycott efforts, they just lost all credibility with me.

• It figures that Walmart and people who shop there would be pro guns. I wouldn’t trust a single one of you to “protect” me in an emergency. Just another reason to never go to Walmart.

7. Irony- they sell gun safes.

8. Let’s all calm down.
    Here are the facts:
    Costco was wrong when it didn’t disclose its’ “NO GUN” policy, It apparently didn’t realize that some of its’ members would have chosen not to join had they known of such policy. (That error has been corrected.)
    Costco is a privately owned company and has the constitutional right to set policy on its’ property.
    I assume, if you are still a member now, that you are aware of and agreed to this policy when you renewed your membership.
    The second amendment does give you certain rights with respect to carrying your gun, but does not give you the right to carry on private property.
    You have the constitutional right not to shop at Costco (and the first amendment right to encourage other like minded people to also not become members).
    However, you can not call yourself a “law abiding citizen” while also admitting you violate the conditions of that membership contract you agreed to by joining and continue to carry your gun onto Costco property simply because you “hide” your gun.

BTW where can I get a list of companies that have a “legal guns welcome” policy, and why not ask them to post a sign saying so at the entrance. I’m sure most people would like to know before we shop there.

• Barry, let’s get one thing clear. A person CAN call themselves a law-abiding citizen while also choosing to ignore Costco’s silly gun restriction policy, because that policy does not hold the force of law. The most a Costco employee can do is ask a person to leave the store. If the person refuses, law enforcement can be called and they will ask the person to leave. Failing that, the person can be cited for trespass. That’s it.

• Jay,
        Thanks for a thoughtful and reasonable response. Discussions on this topic and the larger issue so often degenerate quickly by zealots on both sides of the issue.

• Costco policy is not law so yes I can ignore their signs and still be a law abiding citizen.

9. Wow, give a person a little more credit than that. That is one reason it is concealed so they don’t know I have it. Yes only a moron would pull a hidden gun while there being watched by a criminal. I am not a moron like you so I will wait until they aren’t looking stupid.

10. I just sent them an email. I doubt it will change their policy, but I will become an evangelist for the boycott of Costco going forward. Here is my letter:

“I have just been made aware of your onerous and ill-conceived corporate policy on Personal Firearms/Guns in Costco Stores. I am a law-abiding firearms owner and find your policy to be in conflict with the freedoms and principles of our country and its’ constitution and bill of rights. I will be cancelling my membership and returning all non-perishable items to my local store as soon as possible. I hope your management gets some scruples and either changes this policy, or at least, quits trying to hide it’s affiliation/capitulation to the vocal, misguided, liberal left.”

11. WhoCanReallyTell

Well there you go, if Costcos policy is no weapons and your bringing a gun in there to grocery shop then you are breaking the law, what’s your next crime going to be. What Costco do you shop at so I can call them to let them know ?

• No gun signs in Oregon do not hold the force of law behind them. All they can do is ask me to leave if they see my gun. If I refuse to leave then I could be charged with trespassing. Costco’s policy is not the law. There seems to be a lot of things you are confused by and I’ll bet firearms is another one.

In Oregon 1 in 16 people have a carry permit, so every time you pass 16 people one of them had a gun.

I really don’t care what you think or decide to do for yourself, but don’t lump all gun carriers as bad people because those are not the people you need to be afraid of. It is the criminals with guns you need to be afraid of. How you tell that I don’t know but it is just as hard as trying to figure out if you are being lied to.

• AH! Bet you belong to THE SNITCH YOUR NEIGHBOR PROGRAM what do you get for it? Must be something because it sure isn’t respect.

• How dare anyone reveal another’s status as being armed. Being a snitch is the worst thing ever. Because concealed carry is so honest and informative.

12. WhoCanReallyTell

Question, how do I know if you bring a weapon into Costco that you are not the shoter’, how can I be assured you are not in there to take out as many as you can instead of protecting you and everyone. Do the real criminals carry name tags that let me know the difference ?

• Pretty damn sure a criminal will not let you see his gun until they are ready to commit a crime. (common sense, do you have any?) Common sense also tells me that criminals don’t obey the law and they never will, that is why they are criminals. I believe that if COSTCO wants a gun free zone they should provide security because the only thing a gun free zone does make you a duck in a shooting gallery because why? CRIMINALS DON”T OBEY THE LAW.

When you see their gun it is too late. A normal person keeps their gun in a holster and doesn’t handle or brandish it. Don’t tell me you are part of the crowd who thinks just because one person with a gun goes crazy everybody else is the same. Because if you are you are an idiot because 99.9999999999999999% of gun owners never intend to harm anyone.

• WhoCanReallyTell

That completely explains it. Thanks Bill. Guess I’m an idiot that will continue to shop at Costo because I like their policy of keeping you out.

• What part of criminals don’t obey the law don’t you understand? Do you think criminals will obey Costco’s policy? If so you are a special kind of stupid.

Have you ever seen a criminal obey the law?

It is not me with a gun who you need to be afraid of. After 56 years I still have a clean record and do not plan on going to jail anytime some. Besides I carry in Costco regardless, just keep it concealed in case a criminal with a gun shows up.

I hope and pray I never have to use deadly force for self defense but I am prepared to do that if it is needed. I don’t plan on a fire in my kitchen but I have a fire extinguisher there just in case.

You have a right to be stupid and go unarmed all you want to but that doesn’t give you the right to take my right to be armed away.

What are you going to do if a criminal points a gun at you? Cower down, cry, plead for your life, call 911 and pray someone with a gun gets there in time….lol

• One thing for sure, if the criminal points a gun at you and then you start trying to reach into your pants to pull something out, the 99.99999% of the criminals won’t wait to see what it is…

• Chazman Wow, give a person a little more credit than that. That is one reason it is concealed so they don’t know I have it. Yes only a moron would pull a hidden gun while there being watched by a criminal. I am not a moron like you so I will wait until they aren’t looking stupid.

• Bill,he will die as a coward pleading and begging but first they will make him watch as they shoot his wife. Think he has heard of the Westgate Mall?

• Dave hasn’t got a clue about my gun fighting skills. At least I won’t be on the ground crying like a baby and pissing my pants like Dave will be calling 911 praying someone with a gun gets there in time. My wife carries a gun as well and will be shooting too. I’ll bet she can shoot better than you can….lmao

• Do you really believe this? Go and search news stories and videos that show how real american gun owners protect themselves and others by defending against robbers and other criminals in the act. This stuff may not be promoted by the controlled media, but it is what really goes down in America. Do you get why gun-grabbers don’t want the people across the nation to hear these kinds of reports? It’s because it hurts their ability to pull the wool over our eyes.
          By the time it takes for police to arrive, it is already too late, too many lives are already lost, just as in those staged events like Colorado. Check out the crime rate in places like Chicago, where criminals have their pick of disarmed citizens!!

Note that most of these “mass shooters” immediately give up and/or try to kill themselves when confronted by a good guy/gal with a gun.

These cowards purposely seek out the places where they know people are not allowed to carry firearms and therefore defend themselves.

THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE DEFENDING, “WhoCanReallyTell”?!?! You are defending these people’s right to have victims to kill like it is a game? I hope you think really hard about this position of yours and whether you should call someone who thinks tho way an American at all.

Also look at the fate of other countries in history that have taken the right to bear arms away from its citizens. For example:
          -Hitler’s Germany where 13 million disarmed citizens were exterminated;
          -Pol Pot’s Cambodia where over a million disarmed citizens were exterminated;
          -Stalin’s Soviet Union where 20 million disarmed citizens were exterminated;
          -Mao Tze Tung’s regime in China where another 20 million disarmed citizens were exterminated.

This attitude of taking away Americans’ right to bear arms, the same right that made it possible for you the freedoms you have today, is completely misguided.
          America was not founded on that kind of belief system. Because of people that lack critical thinking skills, we see an upsurge of the controlled media promoting this mentality that gun owners are bad and people just go along with it without actually thinking about the long term consequences. History always repeats itself.

Once our right to bear arms is gone, say goodbye to the rest of the rights. Don’t go along with those who want to destroy what this country was founded upon. If that is the life you want, then you are free to leave.

This country was founded by people trying to get away from the ideals you are supporting. You are not an American if you think taking away another’s right to defend themselves is a good thing.

The people who are trying to destroy our Constitution count on sheeple like you. As for the rest of us, this is OUR country and your side will not prevail!

God bless America and the inherent rights that He, the true God, gives to us.

• If there are really so many instances of armed citizens saving innocent people from a crazed gunman, then why aren’t you posting those examples? There are certainly instances of citizens trying and failing to do so. I can’t post those right now because I’m on my phone but I do not trust or want you and other random gun owners to “protect” me in such a situation. You are not allowed to make that decision for me.

• You’re glad that a law abiding citizen with the potential to stop a criminal act can not enter Costco and don’t seem to have the mental capacity to understand that no sign or law matters to a person with malicious intent. You are without a doubt one of the dumbest human beings I’ve ever encountered and I hope for the sake of humanity you haven’t reproduced. I came upon this thread on accident and in light of this information I call on all law abiding CCW holders and gun owners in general to cancel their Costco memberships. I don’t wish harm on anyone but when someone like “WhoCanReallyTell” speaks to us as if we’re the bad guys, well that’s when I wash my hands of you and leave you to your misguided view of the world.
          Your all quick to pick a fight with us the law abiding folks…here’s an idea, go down to your local shady part of town and start crowing about gun control to a drug dealer, pimp or maybe a gang member, let us know how that turns out. Yeah, we know that won’t happen, but hey, if something ever does go down at Costco “WhoCanReallyTell”
          and others like him/her can all ban together and attack the bad guy with signs or copies of the gun policy. Good luck.

13. I just was directed to the 2ACheck website where they indicated that Costco had received a failing grade regarding 2nd Amendment “rights” and asking that folks boycott Costco. I am emailing you to let you know that I fully support your policy and will NOT be boycotting Costco.

• As John Kerry stated “Everyone has a right to be stupid.”

Really too bad the Church in Charleston was a gun-free zone. Had one person had a gun there wouldn’t be nine dead people. Open your eyes as it only takes one crazy person with a gun to snuff out your life. What are you going to do, call 911 and pray someone with a gun gets there in time? I would rather have my gun and not need it than to need it and not have it as the people in the Charleston church found out.

• Fred just has an anti-2nd mindset. He did this on all the entries. I agree with you, though.

• Wrong again I have a survival mindset. I can and will defend myself. You are free to be a pussy if you so desire. You a a slave mindset. Salve to criminals….lmao

• “Had one person had a gun there wouldn’t be nine dead people.” Yeah, there could have been a lot more. You all are so fond of saying how you need to carry your penis substitutes around in case some other person goes nuts with a gun. But it takes a lot more than just being able to pull the trigger to prevent such a situation from becoming an even more horrible bloodbath. If that’s why you carry a gun then you should become a police officer or somehow get training and certification and really make an effort to protect others. Simply owning a firearm does not give you the skills and you know it. I really don’t give a damn what names you call me for saying this, and it just proves you’re not mature enough to take good care of anyone.

• What is this obsession you have with guns and penises? Thinking that you for one should not have access to a firearm because of your sexual obsession. You can’t be trusted with a gun because you have weird sexual connotations about guns. You have no idea what kind of training I have. Where in the second amendment do you see that keeping and bearing arms requires training?

• Fred brandes: Dear Costo, I just want you to know that I am ready to bend over.

14. Pingback: Costco Employee Actively Seeks Out Concealed Carrier, Tells Him To Leave Store, Management Agrees |

15. Thanks for the heads up on Costco. I do not have a CCW but I always feel safer shopping, going to movies, etc. around people who do carry, and I try to purposely avoid any location that bans guns. It just isn’t safe. Thank you to all my fellow citizens who do carry, I appreciate your responsibility and care. I was just trying to figure if I was going to renew Costco or Sam’s, so Sam’s it is. Thank you for making this an easy decision!

• You are a smart person with common sense. Gun Free zones are one of the most dangerous places on the earth.

• Actually, the US is one of the most dangerous places on earth. We don’t need to carry guns in Canada because the type of violence seen in the US is a rare event here. No one needs to carry a gun in Costco because the thought of some nut wandering in and killing a bunch of innocent people is not even something we need to worry about. This is the craziest discussion I have ever read. I feel very fortunate to be Canadian

• Well in that case your two cents do not belong here nor are they wanted here. We don’t care what you up in Canada think about what we here in America do. Go stick your head back in your own screwed up government.

• It sounds to me that some people involved in this discussion would prefer a life and government like we have in Canada where people aren’t carrying guns to church. Perhaps the US government is the screwed up one. The rest of the world would agree with me. Maybe opening your mind to something different could make your country better instead of you just trying to be right. Change is hard, but sometimes necessary for things to improve.

• Those people are not slaves of America, they are free to leave anytime they like. Their wants and wishes DO NOT trump my rights. My right to carry a gun comes from God. I had that right before government existed. Since that is an inalienable right the government can not take it away. Fix your own suck ass government before you stick your nose in our government,

16. Pingback: Costco Bars Concealed Carrier From Entering Mesa, AZ Store | PartnersForever

17. Pingback: Costco Refuses Entry To Concealed Carrier - Defend and Carry

18. Please, can some one explain to me why you need to carry a gun in coscto?

• In case you need to defend yourself. Are you awake? Why did you think?

• for the same reason I carry a fire extinguisher in my car, or have one in my kitchen, or that I took a first aid class and know CPR – in case I need it. Why do women carry so much stuff in their purse? In case they need it. I hope I never need it, but a criminal intent on doing ill will is not going to wait for me to pray or wait for the police to arrive 9-12 minutes after I call 911 to do their evil…. Boy Scout Motto: Be Prepared!

• Because they live in America and are free to do so?

• I don’t need just to carry my gun in Costco. I carry my gun everywhere I go 24/7. Why should I disarm myself just to go into Costco? That the question.

19. Pingback: I wish more people posted in this section - Page 3 - CalCCW

20. “They willfully exclude this policy from their Member Privileges and Conditions. Their deception is highly unethical, perhaps even illegal.”

Wrong. They new include it:

“General Policies
    Shirts and shoes are required.
    Members are welcome to bring their children and up to two guests into the warehouse, however, only Costco members may purchase items.
    Parents are responsible for their children and should not leave them unattended.
    Members are responsible for their guests and other family members.
    Costco reserves the right to inspect any container, backpack, briefcase, etc., upon entering or leaving the warehouse.
    To ensure that all members are correctly charged for the merchandise purchased, all receipts and merchandise will be inspected as you leave the warehouse.
    Liquor and tobacco sales cannot be made to minors.
    Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers.

<2ACheck: Yup, Costco updated their policy to include the line about firearms, and are at least informing members of their anti-gun position before taking their money. We won't take credit for it, but you have to believe that pressure from gun owners helped keep them honest here. Hopefully people will choose another place to buy their 96-packs of toilet paper.>

I carry into Costco EVERY TIME I GO THERE. Never an issue. Concealed Carry means CONCEALED!

• October 19, 2014;
      My wife and I have been costco members for a few years and never knew they had a gun policy until today. As my wife and I were entering the Augusta GA Costco, they front door person asked if I was LE. I told her I was not then she informed me there was a no gun policy and I would have to secure my weapon in my car. I asked why there were no signs posted informing members of the policy and that I would not comply nor would I leave the property and they could have the police escort me out of the building. We did our shopping put our purchases in the car and then went back into the club to the service desk and demanded our membership canceled and fee returned.
      BTW, My weapon was concealed

• I live in Las Vegas and recently a man and wife walked into a pizza joint and executed two police officers then walked across the street to a target where the male of the couple was confronted by a citizen who was carrying a firearm ….. unfortuneately this man did not realize the female was behind him and she shot him and killed him. To me there are two things to be learnt here:

1. You are open to attack at any time in any place.

2. Places like target and Costco are excellent places for bad people to inflict mass casualties.

A question I have is that if you were in Costco and you were armed and a crazy person came in killing people and you shot and killed that person would Costco call you a hero or would they send you a letter mentioning their firearms policy and ask that you not bring your firearm into Costco again ? And even more so would they publicly denounce your actions ?

It seems everybody wants to get rid of guns until they need someone with one.

The situation in Canada’s parliment is a prime example a man armed with a gun took out a Jihadist. Canada which it’s relatively anti-gun government sure were happy that guy was there to save their lives.

• It was not a target store it was a Walmart on nellis and Stewart and the ccw holders name was Joseph Wilcox

• The situation at the Canadian Parliament was not saved by “a guy with a gun” as stated above. He was killed by RCMP officers and the Sergeant-at-arms at the War Memorial. No armed citizens were needed to “help”. Please get your facts straight.

• If your weapon was concealed, how’d they know you had it?

• If your weapon was concealed, how’d they know you had it

• Of course you had to shop one more time and get your discount before concealing your membership….. Another classy person, I’m glad you won’t be shopping in Costco as I would not want you there to”defend” me if something happens.

It’s one thing to have a gun at your home to defend yourself, or keep it in your car even, but when you carry it into a public place like that you are making a decision for everyone else there that I feel endangers us more than protects us. You are also trusting all your fellow gun owners to have good training and judgment as well. I don’t want that kind of help from any of you, so I am glad there are gun free zones. I do agree that they should have it posted very prominently. I bet more people would shop there instead of Walmart.

• If your weapon was concealed, how’d they know you had it

• If your weapon was concealed, how’d they know you had it?

21. Boycott the public school system while you are at it, since they ban guns too. Oh wait, it seems that you already did that.

• idiots are born everyday and can only think of stupid things to say; Boycott the public school system while you are at it, since they ban guns too. Oh wait, it seems that you already did that. How stupid is this? Pretty STUPID!

• If everyone did boycott the public school system and the free market was allowed to open schools to fill the void, the children would receive a higher quality education. Who knows, they might even learn about freedom, our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

• If you can think for just a moment, consider this; if there is not an armed guard with a metal detector at each entrance, any “gun ban” is a joke.

• And it sure sounds like you are a byproduct of that very system.

• Teachers and/or Administrators who are trained to do so SHOULD carry in schools to protect our children! I’m not saying kids should know who is carrying, but still! Lions prey on the weak. We need to be protecting ourselves and eachother!

• Homeschooling: Where kids actually learn how to think.

22. I think a lot of people are getting off the problem. The author of this post was trying to say that it’s OK if they have this policy but they need to be up front about it. I carry and was not told up front. That’s OK for them to stand on their believes. I have mine I believe that if you do not believe in my right I believe I have the right not to do business with you. And that’s OK because this is America but be honest about it and I tried to hide. Just saying.

23. Keep your murder weapons out of food stores. There’s no reason or excuse.

• So if a criminal brings a gun in what are we supposed to do? Pee our pants and call 911 and pray someone with a gun gets there in time. Guns don’t kill people. criminals with guns do.

• Here is a couple of reasons. I was a victim of a knife attack while at my neighborhood convenience store while picking up some dog food for my pooch. I was mugged at knife point in the parking lot of an IHOP after a late night meal. I never asked for this to happen, bad things can happen to good people and they do all the time. BTW, just remember, criminals could care less about abiding by the law.

• Murder weapon? Really? Self Defense is not murder is responsibility and our right. You go on living as an ignorant individual and pray you never need one of us to save you.

• If you truly believe that there is any location in these United States where you are absolutely safe, then I wish you well. I carry concealed everywhere I go, with the exception of Federally banned locations. If I’m asked to leave, so be it. However, I take great pains to make sure my weapon is secured on my person and CONCEALED properly. You are most likely surrounded each day by CCW authorized individuals, and don’t even know it. One of these days, someone with a handgun may save your life. I hope you thank them.

• Take your meds. Stay away from public until you do.

• Why don’t we just ban life altogether since the outcome is always death?!?

24. What kind of a lunatic carries a gun into a food store?

• You are a lunatic to think that criminals will obey a no-gun zone.

• I guess I am that kind of lunatic because I carry concealed everywhere I go. Not only is it my right, it is my obligation to be able to protect myself and my family from criminals. Keep living in your utopian dreamworld where bad things do not happen and evil people are nonexistent . Please wear some kind of garment stating you do not believe in concealed carry so that in the off chance you are being violently accosted and I am nearby, I will not waste any of my valuable ammunition coming to your aid. After all, I’m just a certain kind of lunatic. Peace out!

• Ah, you want others to identify themselves while you conceal the fact you’re carrying a gun. And you carry it everywhere you go to protect your family, who is always with you? What about the rest of us who don’t want your protection? Your reasoning is not valid unless your family IS always with you and you only aim to protect them and not use the gun for anything else.

• If I run across a lunatic in a food store, or anywhere for that matter, I’ll sure be glad I have my gun to protect my family and myself. The more valid question would be what kind of lunatic thinks that a criminal will not take a gun into an establishment because it’s against the rules.

• Please do not shoot up your local Costco now that you know that they are gun free and you will face no resistance. Think of the children, you psychopath.

• The kind that goes in to indiscriminately kill large numbers of people. Law-abiding gun owners carry to keep that very thing from happening.

25. Only an idiot would expect gun sales from a mostly food store.
    Geez, what inbred gun loon nutcases.

• You are the only inbred lunatic I see.

• Seriously Woofle did you even finish grade school? You don’t even make any sense. No one said anything about gun sales in a food store. You need to drop out of this conversation and let the adults who know how to form a sentence and stay on topic handle this subject.

• Just because you’re a child rapist doesn’t mean you’re better than anyone.

26. Only a total idiot would boycott Costco. It is one of the few big box stores which pays a decent living wage and treats their employees like they matter.

Only a pile of shit would boycott them.
    Are you a pile of shit? If you boycott them yes you are in fact.

• I boycott every business that doesn’t allow me to carry my gun. Are you calling me a pile of shit. Come say that to my face you pile of shit.

• Woofle you are exactly the type of person that would take a gun and go off.
      Nearly all the Leftist (Gutless) Mass Murderering little twits now are atheistic
      scum like you. They are either off their Meds Or taking too many of their
      psychotropic Meds or get turned down for sex by the new Tranny they
      have fallen in love with (and go completely mad) !

So now do you understand why People need guns?
      To blow nutcases like you that go Delusional to hell where you belong !!
      Thanks for playing along dopey loser Demrat !

• Only a psychotic meth druggie would give her children alcohol. Are you a psychotic meth druggie? Why are you giving your children alcohol?

27. its clearly stated in terms and conditions when you sign up for the membership for costco and the fact of the matter is it is a private business and they can decide if and when they will allow or not allow guns.

28. Lol sandy get a grip. You know what you sound like? A Costco employee. I see no problem with a business exercising their constitutional right to limit what specific devices or items are allowed in their store, just like most other commenters here are exercising their right to not shop there. The issue with your company is the are deceptive in their intentions to willfully violate the contract in which you must sign so you can buy your giant box of tampons for your constantly bleeding vagina.

29. In Texas, a place of business can legally post the “30.06″ sign if they meet certain criteria (51%+ revenue from sell of alcohol and a few others), and there are places like schools and hospitals, sporting complexes ..etc that it is unlawful to carry period. If a place of business chooses to post a “non-legal” no gun sign, it is not against the law for you to carry on their premises, but if they ask you to leave you do. I just try not to frequent any place of business that doesn’t want me to be able to protect myself. If a business does not want your gun on their property, they then take full responsibility for your safety. Having seen the type of morons that are usually behind the counters of the places, its not smart for me to rely on them for my or my families safety, should something go on. What good is suing the business if you are dead?

30. Leagally Carrying concealed is between you and you….everyone else is not involved….unless YOU make them…..imho

31. I need to go by the Costco where I live (Texas) to be certain that it has not been “posted” since I was last by there, but there was no “30.06″ sign as specified by state law and not even a non-compliant no guns sign (CHL).

While not a business as such, you may be interested to know that the Methodist Church has an anti-gun agenda also.

32. Although I do not respect Costco for their gun policy, I also do not care what the law says about them having to post. You do not have the right to carry a weapon in a privately owned business if they do not want you to. Must post…BS. If a private residence does not want a gun on their property, that is their choice. It is the same for a private business and I do not care if they allow the public or are a club or any other reason.

You cannot demand that they respect your rights while you are trampling on theirs. They have the right to keep guns out and create a “Unarmed Target Zone” (my term for a Gun Free Zone). You have the right not to shop there. There is nothing in the US Constitution that gives the federal government the right to micromanage private business, so they cannot require posting or disclosure.

They are willing to refund your annual membership. Quit your whining. Get your money back. Tell your friends and do not shop there. Problem solved.

• First of all, Costco is not privately owned, it is public and stock is sold openly on the stock exchange (COST), I owe many shares myself so I should have a say as to how the company runs itself. Correct with your logic? Your disregard for the law that they must post a legal sign is also disturbing to me.

33. Even though Costco “checks” membership cards at the door, ostensibly preventing non-members from entering, the fact is that ANYONE can enter Costco with or without a membership card! If you state that you are going to the pharmacy, they MUST admit you, it is the law! This is because the pharmacy handles federally regulated controlled substances.
    If you take ALL the legal guns off the market and off the streets, criminals will still obtain a gun, or knife, or a myriad of other weapons whenever they choose to do so! The proof of this is in Chicago or New York, where guns ARE banned! Did that take guns out of the hands of criminals? NOT!!!

• Obviously state gun laws don’t work when they’re not within any kind of borders that are checked. Leave that old tired argument alone, it makes no sense.

34. I just joined Sam’s Club again. No problem there!

35. I am a Costco member and I carry concealed in the store all the time. They don’t see it they can’t tell me to leave it in my car. In WA a sign is not law they have to inform me and tell me not to carry on the premises. I make sure my gun is always covered and concealed. As for the people afraid of getting shot because of a cart bump, well you are more likely to get shot by a cop than a lawfully carrying citizen.

• EXACTLY!!! Why is that so hard to understand? I will carry my concealed pistol into ANY business I go to, regardless of what their “policy” is!

36. If they do not post the stores here in Florida they can not enforce the policy here. Because Florida is a must POST state. Therefore they cannot complain about someone exercising there right to “lawfully” conceal carry a weapon.

37. I have a conceal carry permit so I take my gun in with me all the time. I figure what they don’t know won’t hurt them

38. If thay don’t have a sign with letters at least 3 inches high within 3 feet of the entrance than they cannot do anything about it.

39. Illinios as of next year is also a must post state.

40. I found out through my own carelessness. My gun was exposed when reaching for a high shelf item and was noticed by an employee. He told me I would have to leave my gun in the car while shopping. I asked to see the Manager and he quietly informed me of Costco’s anti-american, anti-defense policies. I handed him my Membership card and left.

41. No one ever frisked me or my hubby at the entrance – and i don’t think the card-checkers at the door can spot concealed carry… or they’re really bad at their jobs. And to the surprise and chagrin of gun-grabbers, no one ever started a gunfight over the chicken nugget sample.

• Concealed carry means that people are not supposed to know you have it. If your firearm can be spotted then it is not concealed. lol

• Their employees are minimum wage dropouts, we are worried about their secret skills?

• Actually the average wage is $21.00 an hour for store employees and it considered by many to be o e of the best places to work…get a clue idiot…

• Haha, someone with real facts! So sick of these people spouting off all their ignorant “What ifs.” For that kind of money Costco probably could train their employees to properly handle emergency situations, if they don’t already.

42. If this is a problem in other states then start a DO NOT BUY LIST of companies that are not “lawful” firearm friendly. In NC we have had such a list for many years and most prohibition signs are gone now. The businesses were informed of what was going on by those concerned … sometimes corporate needed to be ;notified but that was fixed when their “bottom-line” became affected. DNB works.

• Lack of “full disclosure” voids the contract.

• I have mentioned to a sign-poster before, that the sign had just cost him a customer (it was an auto dealership, I bought a new truck down the road) and asked if he had ever had a person tell him that the sign had gotten him a sale he would not otherwise have gotten. For fun, I’ll add, it turned out that the truck I bought was transferred from his lot to the one down the way, it was the EXACT truck his sign lost the sale of.

43. “Gun-Free Zones” are what bad guys like to call “Target Rich Environments”. I carry concealed legally ALL the time. Places of business can REQUEST guns not be present.

44. Why would anyone want to bring a gun into Costco. I would be alarmed if it was allowed. When I saw the initial link asking Costco customers to boycott Costco I assumed the person was boycotting Costco because they sold guns. When I realised what it was actually saying I was a tiny bit surprised.

• “Why would anyone want to bring a gun into Costco.” A criminal would want to do so to use it as a weapon to cause great bodily harm. That is why law abiding citizens want to be able to carry one everywhere we go, to protect ourselves from them.

It’s the same reason cops carry guns. The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to have a good guy with a gun. In Virginia the police had to shoot and kill a psychotic Costco employee with a knife. It was ruled justified just yesterday.

• But those were trained police officers, not just any citizen with a gun. Where were all of them before the police got there? This just proves the point that it is NOT the best way to protect yourself or anyone else.

• If I want to carry my firearm into Costco. why is it any of YOUR business? Do you think a criminal who had bad intentions would worry about a policy restricting members from carrying into the store? Hell, do you even think a criminal with bad intentions would even care if he/she had a membership card to even enter the place?

It’s a fact, bad people can do very bad things anywhere, anytime…..personally, I prefer to protect myself. If you are ok with giving up your right to personal defense, go ahead, but do NOT tell me how to protect myself.

• Let’s just say for the sake of argument that you are shopping with your family in Costco and a lunatic comes running through the store shooting a semi-auto weapon, killing people the whole way. How are you going to protect your family in that situation if you do not have a gun. The people that went to the movies in Co. probably were wishing to God they had a gun to defend themselves. Just saying.

• If you are uncomfortable carrying a concealed weapon then by all means don’t. Your inability to safely carry is not my problem, it is yours so please do not tell ME I need to walk around vulnerable to criminal activity. BTW, try not to be too alarmed, their are tens of thousands of legally armed people out there crossing your path many times a day. In the past I have been a victim at a convenience store after picking up some dog food and in the parking lot of an IHOP after enjoying a late night meal. Bad things can happen to good people anywhere at any time, is that not a good enough reason to protect yourself.

45. On that note Alex, please provide me with your address so that I can send would be criminals to your house instead of them getting justice when they arrive at mine!

• Lewis, it is not against the law, just against COSTCO policy. Their policy has no weight in law. We may carry anywhere we wish that is not a school, courthouse or post office. I carry in stores, casinos, banks, the street, the DMV. Everywhere. It is completely legal to do so in my state (Nevada). Maybe it is different in your state.

46. You can always do what I did, get a concealed deadly weapons permit and carry your weapons concealed. Then they would never know about it.

47. I am grateful that I don’t have to worry that some yahoo with a gun is going to “stand his ground” if I accidentally bump him with my cart. Thank you, Costco for being concerned with my safety.

• Alex, thanks for the comment. We were unaware of the high number of justifiable shootings resulting from shopping cart fender-benders. You were right to worry…(palm-face)

Perhaps if you happen to be at a Costco when the next Adam Lanza or James Holmes shows up looking to make a new “high score,” you can run him down with your shopping cart? After all, Costco isn’t concerned enough about your safety to provide any form of security. They just want to make sure that law abiding citizens are unable to defend themselves.

We’ll be shopping at BJ’s where they allow the customers to make themselves safe.

• I work for Costco, they don’t even have an anti-theft system in place…at any location. I was reprimanded today in fact, because I had my gun on me when I was off the clock.

• So disappointed in a fellow Schnauzer owner!!!! Have always thought most people that own this breed of dog are smarter than the average crowd!!! I safely carry and if my cart ever gets bumped I politely say,”excuse me.” And carry on. I take my responsibility to carry quite serious. Safety is first and foremost. Contrary to the popular belief by the anti-gun folks most gun related assaults or murders are committed by criminals and are perpatrated on unarmed citizens. Since Columbine High School EVERY murder or mass shooting in a public place has been committed by a democrat, progressive, liberal anti-social wack job. Every single shooter was a registered Democrat. Hmmmmm? All used guns that were not registered to the shooter and none had a permit to carry!!!!! I won’t be shopping at Coscos.

• Every shooter was a registered Democrat? What a bald faced lie. And you are to be trusted with a gun too? smh

• Just a bunch of bull Alex. People carrying handguns don’t do that you idiot. In fact we try not to get into altercations because we are carrying guns and don’t want to use deadly force unless it is needed or warranted. You have the right to be a victim if you so desire but don’t infringe on my right not to be a victim.

• No one legally carrying is going to shoot you because you bumped them with a cart. You’re being a ridiculous person, as Judge Judy would say.

You obviously have the internet… Search engines are free… You should look up what you look down upon. Consider it your civic duty, to be an informed citizen.

• Every time you have been in a grocery store for the past decade, there have been dozens of people in that store with you who were armed, including employees. Hasn’t bothered you so far, why are you now getting hysterical?

• How often do you attack people? Do you have a mental condition? Do people scare you? I would consult a psychologist before you go on a shooting rampage at a gun free Costco store.

48. Funny, I knew about their gun policy many months ago from the news. I’m sure if being able to carry a loaded weapon into a store is that important to you, you could just politely ask for your membership fee back. They seem pretty reasonable.

• Costco IS open to the public you just have to request to enter to “look” the store over in order to make a decision which anyone can do. They do NOT post against firearms. NC is a must POST state. Therefore they cannot complain for “lawful” open or concealed carry. They may however “complain” against bad behavior.

49. Actually this form is readily available at the warehouse for anyone to obtain just ask for it. Second why would you be told about this policy its not a gun store its a family wholesale store and its not like you would be told when joining a gym or club about gun policies so why at costco

• They should disclose any policy that would disqualify a member from exercising their paid membership. Anything short of that is unfair, and disingenuous.

• NC is a must post state. They must either post or allow by law.

• Forrest, I gather you can’t see shit for the trees. There are a lot of us who carry *EVERYWHERE*, and cause no trouble whatsoever. That would be legal, licensed people who mean you no harm, no matter how terrified you are of your own shadow. Do you run screaming when you see a police officer with a firearm? I have a good bit more training and experience than he/she has, more than likely, why does my carrying a firearm for my own defense terrify you so much? Did mummy drop you on your widdle head?

50. What a bummer, they have such good general merchandise there.

• Go to Sam’s Club. Their $7 per hour with no benefits “Associates” selling krap from China, including food, will help you make the Walton’s care, even fuchking less.

• Wow crap from China? But don’t we need China to purchase our debt created by
        massive Marxist/Socialistic programs created by the Democrapic Party?

You cannot maintain your Ponzi/Bubble Scams in San Fran, DC & Jew York City without
        cheap labor comrade !!

But I know lying is part and parcel of your movement! SO BRAVOOOOO !