The Second Amendment Check Boycott List

All companies we boycott have received a 2ACheck rating of “F” for their lack of respect for the rights of gun owners.  Your experience with some of these companies will vary based on location, however, the boycott is based on the corporate policy toward responsible gun owners.

We believe guns in the hands of good people make everyone safer.  We encourage freedom loving Americans to boycott anti-gun companies until they improve their policy.  Please share this page.

We also strongly recommend everyone know the firearms laws applicable in their own state, and states they travel through.  We recommend something like the Traveler’s Guide to Firearms Laws.

Print this image and post it publicly for all to see, take it with you, give it to friends, etc.

Boycott List 2014.09.22

We are attempting to provide detailed rationale for the entries on this list.  Some, but not all have been provided.  We are working to get the rest updated ASAP.  Click on the name of a company below to learn valuable information about the company, its policy and other brands under the same corporate umbrella.

We provide you with contact information for every company on the list. We encourage you to contact them for the following reasons:

1) Verify for yourself that we have accurately described their behavior

2) Inform the company that they have lost your business

3) Encourage them to change their policy to be more respectful of the rights of gun owners if they want to earn your business.  Our long-term goal should be to try to influence them to respect our rights.  Never be rude.  Always be polite.

1. A & P
  2. AMC Theatres
  3. BB&T Bank
  4. Bloomin’ Brands (Outback Steakhouse, Carrabba’s Italian Grill and others)
  5. Brinker International (Chili’s and Maggiano’s)
  6. Buffalo Wild Wings
  7. California Pizza Kitchen
  8. Carmike Cinemas
  9. CBL & Associates Properties (Shopping Malls)
  10. CBS
  11. Chuck E. Cheese’s
  12. Cinemark Theatres
  13. CNN/Time Warner
  14. Comcast/NBC Universal
  15. Costco
  16. Forest City Enterprises (Shopping Malls)
  17. General Growth Properties (Shopping Malls)
  18. Goodyear
  19. Groupon
  20. hhgregg
  21. Hooters
  22. Howard Hughes Corporation (Shopping Malls)
  23. IKEA
  24. Jack in the Box / Qdoba Mexican Grill
  25. Jo-Ann Stores
  26. Macerich (Shopping Malls)
  27. Modell’s Sporting Goods
  28. Paragon Theaters
  29. Peet’s Coffee and Tea
  30. Regal Cinemas
  31. Simon (Shopping Malls)
  32. Southern Theatres
  33. Sprouts Farmers Market
  34. Square
  35. Sterling Jewelers (Kay, Jared, Shaw & others)
  36. T.G.I. Friday’s (and all Carlson Companies)
  37. The New York Times Company
  38. Toy’s R Us / Babies R Us
  39. US Bank
  40. Value City Furniture
  41. Waffle House
  42. Walgreens
  43. Whole Foods Market

1,734 Comments

1. As a veteran I believe most NRA members are paranoid or making up for the lack of other qualities. I own guns but have no desire to carry except when hunting.

• Thank you for that. We always love hearing the opinions of neutered metrosexuals. Thankfully, most veterans don’t share your lack of patriotism.

• I bet you’re wearing your wife’s panties right now. Mary!

• As a veteran? How does that qualify you to make such a stupid statement. So what, there’s lots of chicks in the armed forces. Are you the veteran that runs around and tells everyone that your a veteran? I bet you are. Share other people’s war stories? I know your type. We call you POGs. Your no veteran. You served me dinner on post while wearing a similar uniform.

• Because you assholes would get your asses kicked in the tri-state. Damn right New Jersey! If you can’t take the heat stay the hell out of the Tri-state are.

• The name calling and violent references make no positive movement forward. My comment was fully directed at the ludicrous law(s), not the residents. Everyone knows money passes laws, not the populous. I grew up in PA and happen to love Jersey as a state, and was never threatened to have my “ass kicked” by any of the fine folks there. I’m just disappointed that the lawmakers of one of the original thirteen would so blatant disregard the US Constitution. My apologies if you were personally offended.

• Apparently Dave, its a beatdown should you find yourself on the A.C boardwalk dissing Jersey legislation. There are gangs, one which Jay is a member, that stroll the streets just looking for anyone that don’t like the legislature or the intergovernmental relations commission’s 5 Senate member’s convention. Fools be getn’ codified.

• Thanks for the heads up snikskytter9. Never had interest in A.C., it was a broken down mess when I lived near. I guess it still is, just with pretty make-up now. Corruption is king in the country, that’s why it’s even more important to fight for the only amendment that protects the rest.

2. I wonder why they don’t care about complying with Constitutional law? “Shall not be infringed” is some pretty strong verbiage.

3. Depends on what state your in!

4. Concealed means concealed, which means no one should EVER know whether or not your carrying no matter where you are.

5. good to now who not to shop with

6. Concealed is concealed, and one should always carry, always. However, I think the Corporation Headquarters should know that gun owners buy something besides guns and will not frequent their company products or services. My response to the listed companies that I have done business with:

Looking at gun violence exploited by the media, you will see that they occur in gun-free zones. Please reconsider your decision to ban guns, thus exposing your customers to the potential of some terrorist or crazy taking advantage of the ill-advised decision you have made with tragic results.

As I have enjoyed your product selection for years, I regret your decision to restrict and thus infringe on the rights of US citizens. I am retired military and consider myself one of the three percent that will continue to defend the country and the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Just so you know, I am licensed to carry concealed and will do so according to my rights.

Until your corporate decision banning guns is reversed, please remove me from your mailing list, customer list, and any account information. I disagree with your banning of guns in your stores and though I order through the Internet, I am joining those that will no longer do business with companies that infringe on any rights guarantee by the Constitution.

7. There are several stores listed that I have never seen a sign that indicates no guns in their stores and I have carried concealed in them

8. CONCEALED MEAN IT’S CONCEALED FROM THE PUBLIC EYE! I agree with Ashley, be ready at all times to defend yourself and your family. But keep in mind just our remarks are monitored by the goverment. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING . DON”T SHOP AS THESE STORES

9. There is only one part of the US Constitution that protects and secures the rest, and like it or not, it’s the Second Amendment. Those of us that seek to carry (note: I don’t open carry, because it can and does freak out some people, and I want to be considerate, but the main reason is that with open carry you lose tactical advantage) do so to not only to protect our loved ones and those around us from violent attack, but because we know possessing firearms scares the government, which (again) secures the rest if the Constitution. If you don’t believe me, name one other Amendment that is attacked as often, or as fiercely. It is the “head” of the snake we call liberty and they call their enemy. If you (non gun advocates) chose not to protect yourself and your rights through firearm ownership, that’s fine, it’s your right. Just please stop trying to prevent us from doing it for you.

10. Just a note. These companies are violating your 2nd amendment rights by not letting you bring a gun on their property.

11. I’m all for the second amendment, and I’m all for putting pressure on businesses that don’t allow customers to carry, but I think it’s going too far to say those businesses are actively opposed to the second amendment. In other words, as stupid as it may be, I think privately owned businesses should have the right to set rules for their property like “no shirt, no shoes, no service” or even no guns. As a parallel, I could theoretically stand up for the right to free speech (or at least stay neutral on what people say elsewhere) while throwing out customers that say things I disagree with from my property. I don’t see that as necessarily anti-1st or anti-2nd amendment, even if it would tend to correlate. On the other hand, perhaps the rights of businesses to set rules ought to be limited to closely held corporations as per the Hobby Lobby case (i.e. if a company isn’t “closely held” enough to say whether it wants to have opinions about medical insurance plans, then opinions about guns are no different — maybe limiting expressions of opinions from non-closely held businesses is just recognizing the reality that our corporate economy is functionally socialist and not really private in any meaningful way.) Then again, if the government is going to get involved in questions of which bathrooms businesses have to let customers use, what grounds businesses may acceptably refuse service over, etc., then the government is already intervening in things less fundamental than the right to bear arms, but I’m still inclined not to concede all those rights of private businesses, even if they are lost for the time being anyway.

• So you think that a private company has the right to search your body, belongings, and car while on their property? After all, it’s a private company, and according to you they can create policy as they see fit. Perhaps the private company decides not to let black women into the stores, does that make it ok? The problem with your argument mate, is that it is our right.

12. In our state it is legal to carry unless the establishment has a sign on their front door to the contrary–many of the businesses you list here don’t have those signs, so IT IS legal in our state to conceal regardless of the company’s policy.

• GBA, Coffee & Guns

I agree with Ranger443 100% and in States that do allow CCW you can still carry legally concealed even if the sign is posted. If they ask you to leave because you are incompetent enough for your firearm to be seen or printed then you leave. If you stay its a trespass not a gun violation.

That said, I still do not buy from businesses with those signs up, but malls have “no weapons” written into the small print sometimes. A firearm or knife or hammer or screwdriver is not a weapon until it is deemed as one after an incident.

• SOME states have this law. In others, NC for sure, you are in violation of the law and risk losing your CCL if you carry in an area that is posted with the proper signage. The law as you describe it here is not correct in every state that has CCW / CCL. Thanks :)

13. This list badly needs updating.

14. I’m fat so I am finding it hard trying to figure out where to hide the darn gun. Guns are flat, meaning the poke out of my clothes pretty much anywhere on my curved bouncy flesh…. spent about $100 on different holsters….

• Welkinz, you may want to try cargo pants and buy or make a cargo pocket holster. I made one with a sheet of thick plastic, some Velcro, and an inexpensive Blackhawk Sportster Ambidextrous holster. That pocket may not be the fastest draw spot, but it’s not horrible with practice. It conceals both my Bersa Thunder 380 and my Tristar T-100 9mm well. Whether left or right, it’s almost always accessible, even sitting in a vehicle. I love cargo carry.

15. I carry every place I go, the worst that can happen is they ask me to leave. If I’ve done my job of concealing my weapon they will never know. Besides if I need it and they still ask me to leave I’m ok with that because that’s there right.

• If you ever use the weapon and you weren’t supposed to have it there, you risk immediate felony charges and loss of your “innocence” in the court system. By losing your innocence, your claim to self-defense will be at risk very badly. Is it the best option, still? That’s your call. Mas Ayoob would not advise that you break the law. If carrying concealed is your only goal, rather than doing so legally, I’m not sure there’s any value in having a permit to do so. Your gun is useless in these areas if it is never revealed, and if you reveal it, you are suddenly a perpetrator and will be treated as such by the police when they arrive. And they will arrive.

• I agree with Bernard. If you’re caught carrying in a business with a no firearms policy (sign on the front door), you are subject to arrest according to my CCW instructor.

• You sir, could not be more wrong. First of all, if you had to use it in a place that does not allow guns, you do NOT face felony charges and loose your claim to self defense. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard…Secondly, even if that were the case, I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 any day! And last but not least, in places where you are to carry concealed, if you have to use your weapon and you do reveal it, you do NOT become a perpetrator! The concealed part goes out the window if you have reason to use the gun, moron.

• Moron? LOL. No need for that.

But to be clear, I was referring to using the gun in an area where possession of a weapon is illegal, not to an area where concealed carry is legal.

I’m not a moron. You’re welcome to your opinion, but this is incredibly rude and unnecessary.

16. Sonic is on the top list, all transactions are done out side and you eat in your car, or a dirty table outside.
    Never been in one but pass them daily.

17. All you commenters are wrong about being asked to leave. We ALL know that as gun owners, we walk in, shoot everyone, grab a confederate flag and a six pack of natty ice, yell YEEHAW and run out of the store. Geez doesn’t anyone watch the news?

18. I was at Costco and was told ok to coceal carry , with valid carry permit.

19. Add Levi Straus and Verizon/Sprint/Radio Shack to the list. And why is the Walgreen link not working?

20. Ben & Jerry’s needs to be added.

21. How come all these massacres happen in “gun free” zones? How come they don’t happen at gun shows? Hmmm

22. An NRA “nut” with a gun may save your azz someday.

23. ravillata@gmail.com

I prefer to just ignore all gun free zone postings and rules. I carry anywhere i feel like it. It is concealed, no one sees it, so no problem. I feel it is more of a slap in the face to them to do it my way. If some one sees you are carrying, maybe you should be more descreat…no one has ever seen mine.

• In Minnesota it is legal to do enter that property with a gun. It is only a violation if you are asked to leave and don’t.

• Is you’re life worth less than their right to keep you disarmed? Sorry if you carry concealed they will not know anyway. That’s the purpose of a concealed gun. I’ll never even consider open carry. Stupid idea. Oh I support the right, I just think it’s stupid to let everyone know. Never know who is coming up behind you. The want to rob the store while you are checking out and they see that, who do you think is going to get popped first???

• Thats the best post I have seen in a long time, simple yet direct, good job Jimbob

• I’ve had a 5 minute convo with a friend who is a gun owner. Took her 4 of those to realize I had a full size pistol on my side. Not all criminals have a death wish. They’re going to see your gun and move to a softer target. Just don’t be that softer target. Since I ONLY OC, why am I still alive since I’ve been a target for 2 years?

• Your missing the point dude. You making an argument that assumes every time you open carry, a criminal decides to find another target. That’s not the case. Every seasoned LE professional will tell you that CC is the best option and that is ONE of the reasons. It’s great that you open carry and gangsters run from you in fear, stay alive and continue to exercise your RIGHT to carry how you see fit. But rethink trying to debunk a solid argument with a weak case. Peace

• Jimbob, do you live in the Houston area?

24. you can add Tandy Leather to the list.

• I find it unbelievable that you would ad Tandy. I’ve carried in Tandy and they actually sell holster kits and I’ve pulled my firearm out, unloaded, and have been helped by two different store employees in two different states. They sell holster kits for crying out loud.

• I also have had assistance making a holster from Tandy Leather employees while attending one of their Saturday leather working classes.

25. We must love and embrace the so called enemy. If a misunderstood man with a gun enters the store where you are shopping, don’t run away, run to him and embrace him. Tell him how much you love him and that what he is doing is not very cool at all. Be careful not to touch his privates, though, he might take it wrong. To love your enemy is what will win in the end. Soon all the guns in the world, all the war making weapons of humankind can be dumped into the ocean. Then we can all hold hands and sing a song of praise, a song of joy. Only then will the lion lie down with the lamb. Praise the lord, love thy neighbor, and vote only for socialist candidates. Hugs, brothers and sisters. Love to all of you. (blushing now)

• Could ypu please stop wasting people’s time with this nonsense. I thought we were supposed to be discussing issues related to the second amendment. This is infantile.

• Methinks you need a big hug. C’mere, big boy, let me wrap my arms around you and give ya a squeeze. xoxoxo
        Sweet Billy wants to see a big smile on your sad face.

• Darn, Billy….you’ve made me kinda horny there.

• Some people aren’t fluent in sarcasm

• Some people don’t understand when someone hijacks your handle. Would it be okay for me to respond here under DDog? Say anything I want? I think not. Do you get it now?

• @Manx Think of it this way – it’s the only response these unicorn-watching head-in-the-sand liberals have. Trolling, rather than actually intellectual discourse, is preferable to them, maybe because it’s really all they have. No logical reasoning can defend gun control, and they’re not smart enough to convince us to willingly give up our right. Trolling is really all they have.

• Are you living in some kind of
      Fairy Princess Land? Run up to
      and hug a criminal who has a
      gun. He will SHOOT and KILL
      your stupid ass.

26. Who is disarming law abiding citizens?

27. Why do you think being a proponent of CHL means you have to agree with open carry?

28. Every politician who ever proposed, endorsed or otherwise helped to establish gun control laws or “Gun Free Zones” are at the very least accomplices to every crime subsequently committed in those places, especially those in which a firearm was used.

All those who passed laws preventing individuals’ from using a firearm to protect themselves have the blood of those victims on their hands. Those same people have also violated the law of the land, which means they are all criminals. Treat them all as such — indict & try them for murder and sentence them accordingly — accomplices must suffer the same fate as the direct perpetrators.

Start with these Hypocrites of Gun Control — Leftist politicians, all:

29. If there was any justice in the universe those advocating disarming law-abiding citizens should become the first victims of their despicable, asinine and unconstitutional policies. FU all.

30. Guns are already banned in schools, yet shootings happen in schools. Until the Newtown horror, the three worst K–12 school shootings ever had taken place in either Britain or Germany.

Economists John Lott and William Landes conducted a groundbreaking study in 1999, and found that a common theme of mass shootings is that they occur in places where guns are banned and killers know everyone will be unarmed, such as shopping malls and schools.

“Preventing any adult at a school from having access to a firearm eliminates any chance the killer can be stopped in time to prevent a rampage.”
    –Jim Kouri, public-information officer of the National Association of Chiefs of Police.

With just one single exception, the attack on congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson in 2011, every public shooting since at least 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns!

The Aurora, CO theater was and still is a “gun free zone,” yet that did not stop the shooter, dumbass. Your resolute stupidity is astounding.

31. An off duty poice officer says he’s there to protect you and if you don’t like it to avoid public places??? Strange logic and I support CHL.

32. Your “No Guns” sign does nothing to make you or me safer or prevent crime. It simply tells
    criminals you are an easy target and drives away good customers who have a handgun for self defense.

As a Texas Concealed Handgun License Holder, I,

* Have no felony convictions
    * Have no drug-related convictions
    * Have no mental defects/disabilities
    * Have no class B misdemeanors or higher convictions.
    * Have passed a NICS criminal background check

HOW MUCH DO YOU NOW ABOUT YOUR OTHER CUSTOMERS?

33. Good Guys with a gun hear this. Since criminals/bad guys will obviously target this boycott list why not be a real hero and wait outside “do not carry places” and then rush in with your gun to take out the bad guy. The publicity will help your cause

• See, it’s people like you who expose the stupidity of the anti-gun loons. You obviously have no clue what you’re talking about, but you’ve got an opinion anyway.

CCers aren’t cops. We’re not vigilantes. We’re just citizens who carry a firearm for our protection, and sometimes others. We’re not looking for a fight. We’re not policing the streets.

Our right to carry a firearm in no way infringes any of your rights. What this means is, you will never have the right to infringe our right to keep and bear arms.

34. I just got back from the Round Rock Outlet Mall and was stopped by a security guard. He told me they don’t allow open-carry on premises. I told him I saw no legal signage stating the prohibiting of weapons. He gave me a little card that they give to people instead of putting up signage.
    I didn’t think that this was legal?
    Anyone else hear of this?

• I’m not a lawyer, but as I understand it, if it’s private property and they ask you to leave for whatever reason it might be viewed as trespassing if you stay. Take your business elsewhere – I definitely would not give them a penny of my hard-earned cash. Best of luck!

• What they are saying is that you can carry a gun, but it has to be concealed. This way they can appease both the pro gun customers and the anti gun customers. Because if they can’t see it, it’s not distressing to anti gun people

35. I am CHL and chose to remain concealed…my choice… and can understand the uneasiness of people with open carry. But it’s just been beat into there head’s and the truth is more people than you realize conceal carry lawfully and not. I personally feel uncomfortable when I open carry. I don’t go to places where gun’s aren’t allowed at all. when possible. My choice.

36. What part of “shall not be infringed” is confusing? These companies can make statements, issue their policy or ban all they want, it’s bluff and not enforceable. :-)

• “Shall not be infringed upon”, refers to the government, not business owners. Their property, their rules. Just CC & everything will be hunky-dory.

37. There really aren’t bad guys and terrorists. These are just misunderstood individuals who need more love and understanding. If we stopped being so mean to the so called bad guys and terrorists, they’d stop being bad. Love is all you need.

• Bad guys don't follow laws

Ummm… That’s a negative ghost rider. How many mass shootings, suicide bombings, or any other criminal activities in that matter have been stopped with a hug and an “I love you”? Please, I would like to see the statistics on this

Ben Franklin – He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security

• ^ That IS sarcasm, right? Surely no one can possibly so naive & stupid as to believe what you wrote, but after reading more asinine comments below I had to reply to yours.

• You can’t fix stupid

38. The nuts are the sheeple that think it can / will never happen to them. I would bet that most criminals don’t care about your rights or mine for that matter, simply looking for easy, unprotected patrons. It would take approximately 6 min. for the police to respond… this is after the call is made. Now think about what an opportunist criminal can do to you and your family in that time. If you think not much….go online and listen to some of the recorded 911 calls that have been released…. then see if you have the same safe, warm and cozy feelings. BTW those women and their families experienced the longest 3 mins of their lives (with the police on the phone) saying “hang in there…. we are on our way….. Tell them you have the police on the phone… etc..Etc. Just something else to think about.

39. I’m shopping at the stores on the list because they DONT allow open carry. i don’t want to be around people who carry guns. How do you tell who the bad guy is

• Great list here! Can’t wait to continue to patronize these businesses and let all my friends know that these are safe places to do business. Thanks! #singleissuevoter

• Why don’t you move to Mexico then? Guns are banned there, too. I’m sure you’d enjoy living in that safe, crime-free environment.

• Only 4 year-olds believe in “bad guys”… We’re all just people. PEOPLE are occasionally – but unpredictably – violent, emotional, irrational, intoxicated, desperate, unstable, etc… PEOPLE commit violent crimes.

• You gun people are the bad guys.

• Bad guys don't follow laws

And you progressive democrats are just morons

• It wasn’t supposed to happen in England, with its very strict gun-control laws. And yet in June 2010, Derrick Bird shot twelve people to death and wounded eleven others in the northwestern county of Cumbria. A headline in the London Times read: “Toughest laws in the world could not stop Cumbria tragedy.”

Guns are already banned in schools, yet shootings happen in schools. Until the Newtown horror, the three worst K–12 school shootings ever had taken place in either Britain or Germany, where guns have long been strictly controlled.

The Aurora, CO theater was and still is a “gun free zone,” yet that did not stop the shooter, dumbass. The resolute stupidity of anti-gun nuts is astounding.

• Only good guys with a gun stop bad guys with a gun ! Hope u never have need for a gun but you will be glad there is one near you if needed. Besides, how do u know the guy or lady near you doesn’t have a concealed weapon ?

• In my experience, the bad guys seldom open carry. They stuff the gun in the front of their pants, usually unholstered. And how do you know that these people you don’t want to be around aren’t off duty police officers, such as myself? In the event of an armed robbery, active shooter, etc, I and many others who legally carry their firearm, whether police or not, will be the ones jumping in front of you and your children to protect them. But if you don’t want to around us, best of luck. I would avoid public places.

40. If you believe in freedom for all of us then you should also respect our right to believe what we wish. I have no desire to have a gun or be around guns. I fully support people owning and carrying guns but I do not wish to do so myself. If that is misguided then so be it but it’s my decision and no one else’s.

41. Kudos to your people for getting that racist garbage out. Hopefully we can get back to healthy and respectful debates. Thank you.

42. Just because you are allowed to have a gun on your waist means you have a true need to. Exactly what are you trying to prove by wearing a weapon in a public place? If you want to carry a gun then do something usefull and join the military. Otherwise stay home and play with your toys. They do not ned to be out in public so you can feel like you have a large cock. Obvisouily you only have a small brain.

• LOL – Non-childish opinion here,
      You got a bit mixed up there. Inalienable rights refer to natural rights given to humans and cannot be restrained: referred to in our declaration as: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
      The bill of rights – our constitution – are “legal” rights and never has anyone made any claim that they are inalienable. They can be and are amended and redefined in our ever evolving understanding as to how they best serve the natural rights we have been given. So, we as a society can decide how to best implement our legal rights to best protect those natural rights. If we determine we feel safer without guns, that “need” can supercede your right to walk around like a gun nut – simply because you “feel” you have the “need” to express your liberty in that way.
      This might help – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_and_legal_rights

• I wonder if you might explain how the natural right to life can be guaranteed without a corresponding right to defend oneself. And how might the right to defend oneself be guaranteed without the right to keep and bear arms?

Also consider the right to liberty. How might that be guaranteed without the power to resist corrupt and tyrannical governments?

You obviously have no clue what the Bill of Rights actually is. It is NOT a document granting us any right at all; it IS a legal document limiting the powers of government over our natural rights.

It appears Wikipedia has failed you. I suggest you search for more appropriate source material.

• OK…I think I’ve read enough from 2acheck now to declare him a certified “gun nut”, in addition to dictator of the blog. He will clearly interpret the Constitution to read whatever justifies HIS inalienable version of HIS inalienable rights and is pretty closed off to any ideas that run contrary. Happy militia to you. Just remember, if it ever gets as bad as you think it might and the government comes for your guns…there won’t be a knock on the door, just the buzz of an unmanned drone overhead….Good luck with your drone/skeet shooting.

• Bad guys don't follow laws

Following along your views of thinking then… Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are the inalienable rights, correct?

Let’s start with life – I should be able to live, thus defending myself as needed

Liberty – freedom from tyranny and oppression. How do you defend your Liberty should someone dictate that you shouldn’t have it? And don’t say that won’t/can’t happen in America. The reason it hasn’t ever had a chance is because of us “gun nuts”

Pursuit of Happiness – who gets to dictate what this involves? Who gives you the right to say what I’m allowed to do in my life, or own, that makes me happy?

By taking away my right to arms, you are encroaching on all 3 of the inalienable rights. Just using your own logic on that one.

Also, Targaman (not sure how you could have the word “man” in your name), the day after the government comes after pure guns I can promise you other rights that you are all up for will be getting thrown right down the drain as well…

43. Nice racist remark.

44. Congratulations. You succeeded in getting guns banned.

45. I am all for people who want to have guns. That is their right. There is just no need to have them in stores and restaurants. You talk about your rights to take your guns anywhere, but what about my rights to not be around them, have my children around them or be around anyone who could angry at someone and pull the trigger. Without a gun, an angry person has to work a little harder to hurt someone…that person might actually walk away from a confrontational situation if they don’t have a loaded weapon in their hands. Another good way to counteract all of these guns, and the “accidental” shootings is to have to insure the gun for a million dollars. What is a life worth? We have auto, house, smart phone, etc insurance, why not guns? These places of business have to have insurance, why don’t gun owners? I will patronize these places before I shop or eat at the ones who allow open carry.

• What else do you have “rights to not be around” when you’re in public? It would probably be a useful thought exercise for you to try to find anything comparable.

As to insurance, what other basic rights do you think we should have to buy insurance to enjoy?

• Do which law gives you the “right” to tell people what they can and can’t have? I don’t want to be around you because I feel if a dangerous situation arises you won’t make rational decisions and might get me killed, does that mean I have the right to ban you from my presence?…

• Nowhere in any legal document, much less the constitution, does it say you have the right to not be around guns. You do not have the right to “feel safe”. You also do not have the right to trample others rights.

Our (meaning yours and mine) right to be armed does not in any way, shape, or form, infringe upon any other civil right. That means it is not subject to legislation, poll, or opinion.

These facts are something you’re just going to have to learn to live with.

46. you state “lack of respect for the rights of gun owners. ” What about my rights if more guns do not make me feel more safe.

The real tragedy of the gun debate is that both groups are implementing conflicting policies as fast as they can with no possibility of compromise or discussion. NRA wants us to arm to the teeth and the other side wants fewer guns. Sounds like civil war material to me.

• Grown up here,

You do have rights – and the rest of us have rights as well. Those rights include how we make each other feel. For example, free speech does not include the right to yell “FIRE” in a crowded theater, because it will make others FEEL panicked. Our rights are also limited when it comes to matters of assault. An assault is the THREAT of an attack. In order for that crime to occur, I have to FEEL threatened. Your right to act like a gun nut is limited, and I am thankful that there are companies and organizations motivated to exercise their power to limit your rights. I look forward to their message influencing government to do the same. #singleissuevoter.

• You failed English class didn’t you? How about a little English 101? The term “assault” is a verb. Verbs denote ACTIONS, not FEELINGS.

Thus, dictionary.com rightfully disagrees with your assertion that you are being assaulted if you FEEL threatened: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/assault?s=t

A law-abiding gun owner who’s just minding his own business and isn’t brandishing the weapon at anybody and just has it safely and securely holstered (and possibly concealed too so you wouldn’t even know if he was carrying or not) until he needs to use it for its intended purpose (for self-defense and the defense of other innocents) is NOT assaulting anyone, despite what the childish and irrational voices in your head are telling you.

• You’re pretty much an idiot, aren’t you?

Screaming “Fire!” in a crowded theater is, of course, against the law, but no one has even suggested that you can’t scream “Fire!” in a crowded theater that is actually on fire, have they? And it isn’t illegal because of what it makes people feel; it’s illegal because makes people actually panic and harm themselves or others.

More evidence of your blatant lack of intelligence – people don’t get arrested because other people feel threatened. There has to be some evidence of an actual threat. otherwise, I could say that you made me feel threatened, and the cops would come and arrest you. But it doesn’t work that way, does it?

You really need to take a course in critical thinking. Or just keep your stupid mouth shut. Either way will make you appear far more intelligent than you just saying shit makes you appear.

47. Great news today as the leader of our country and the Western world, elected by the majority of our citizens, announced that his number one priority for 2016 is to implement sensible and long overdue gun laws. It’s great to see our proud President of the United States of America take on he NRA and Implement gun safety laws that are supported by the vast majority of our fine citizens. This is a day to celebrate.

• I can’t stop laughing..omg…this is really too funny.. TOFL.

• Bad guys don't follow laws

Larry, do you even know what the gun laws are? Before you make a comment, I would highly suggest doing a little research. In a debate regarding guns, gun safety, and gun laws, I’m certain that not only would you be lacking on true and pertinent information to defend your views, you would start stuttering and stumbling trying to find a rebuttal to anything that I say. There are extreme laws already in effect, as well as severe punishments for those that break them

Just food for thought… A criminal does not follow laws, and will not follow any laws that the “President” is currently trying to illegally pass (an executive order is an unconstitutional law).

One last thing to all of those who want to ban firearms – have you ever heard of the black market? Yes, it is a real thing where you can buy firearms illegally, circumventing any laws that may be in place

• Chicago already implemented those “sensible gun laws,” and that city has more gun-related deaths than anyplace else in the country, assholes. Those who advocate disarming law-abiding citizens would have celebrated the rise to power of a certain German candidate in 1933, a fellow who took the Wymar Republic’s “sensible gun registration laws” to a level that was never intended — confiscation. Keep in mind, members of the National Socialist German Worker’s party didn’t realize at the time they were voting for gun confiscation, global war and genocide.

• EXCUSE ME SIR NO MR OBUMMER DID NOT WIN MY MAJORITY VOTE, ROMNEY WON 53% OF THE PEOPLES VOTES AND THEY STUCK OBAMATARD IN OFFICE ANYWAYS. THE NEXT PRESIDENT IS ALREADY CHOSES AND OUR VOTES DON’T MATTER. WAKE UP.
      And I’m sorry, but by vast majority of citizens who support gun laws do you mean 28%? Most americans know guns are good. Only the retarded brain damaged idiots think restriction is good, just so happens those same people also think the economy is immortal and are attending college. Hmm what a coincident.

• So if it’s supported by the vast majority than why did he have to go around Congress to pass a law that was voted NO on multiple times? In this country we get a say, and the way that works is we elect people who we trust will use their power for what we, the people, vote. Obama acts like a dictator, if he doesn’t agree with what the people want he will force feed it to us and tell us it’s what we want. We gun owners are just people like you, maybe a little more intelligent, but we have the same common goal to keep our families safe, hell, we want to keep your families safe. We will be behind you in the grocery store or restaurant concealing our weapons you won’t know who we are but when/if the need arises we will be ready to defend you and ourselves with our lives. We don’t lay down and take it. We stand up and fight if need be. Nobody expects they will be a victim of a mass shooting, and I assure you that the shooter will not be an NRA nut with a concealed carry permit, it will be the nut job or terrorist who doesn’t care about your gun laws. Aside from that, you’re putting all of your faith in to a corrupt government and if one day that government becomes so corrupt that they use their power against us, we will need our guns to protect ourselves and our freedom. So you go ahead and skip right on through lala land and follow what they say is best for you. As for us NRA nuts, we will stand in the real world ready to fight.

• Larry has to be blind, dumb, and stupid to believe all of this bull shit obammy is shoving down his throat.

48. BOYCOTT STARBUCKS THEY ARE ANTI CHRIST AND ANTI GUN -I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN ANOTHER LOST CUSTOMER THATS OK I DONT NEED YOUR OVER PRICED OVER RATED COFFEE- ILL TELL EVERYBODY I CAN NOT TO BUY THERE