The Second Amendment Check Boycott List

All companies we boycott have received a 2ACheck rating of “F” for their lack of respect for the rights of gun owners.  Your experience with some of these companies will vary based on location, however, the boycott is based on the corporate policy toward responsible gun owners.

We believe guns in the hands of good people make everyone safer.  We encourage freedom loving Americans to boycott anti-gun companies until they improve their policy.  Please share this page.

We also strongly recommend everyone know the firearms laws applicable in their own state, and states they travel through.  We recommend something like the Traveler’s Guide to Firearms Laws.

Print this image and post it publicly for all to see, take it with you, give it to friends, etc.

Boycott List 2014.09.22

We are attempting to provide detailed rationale for the entries on this list.  Some, but not all have been provided.  We are working to get the rest updated ASAP.  Click on the name of a company below to learn valuable information about the company, its policy and other brands under the same corporate umbrella.

We provide you with contact information for every company on the list. We encourage you to contact them for the following reasons:

1) Verify for yourself that we have accurately described their behavior

2) Inform the company that they have lost your business

3) Encourage them to change their policy to be more respectful of the rights of gun owners if they want to earn your business.  Our long-term goal should be to try to influence them to respect our rights.  Never be rude.  Always be polite.

1. A & P
  2. AMC Theatres
  3. BB&T Bank
  4. Bloomin’ Brands (Outback Steakhouse, Carrabba’s Italian Grill and others)
  5. Brinker International (Chili’s and Maggiano’s)
  6. Buffalo Wild Wings
  7. California Pizza Kitchen
  8. Carmike Cinemas
  9. CBL & Associates Properties (Shopping Malls)
  10. CBS
  11. Chuck E. Cheese’s
  12. Cinemark Theatres
  13. CNN/Time Warner
  14. Comcast/NBC Universal
  15. Costco
  16. Forest City Enterprises (Shopping Malls)
  17. General Growth Properties (Shopping Malls)
  18. Goodyear
  19. Groupon
  20. hhgregg
  21. Hooters
  22. Howard Hughes Corporation (Shopping Malls)
  23. IKEA
  24. Jack in the Box / Qdoba Mexican Grill
  25. Jo-Ann Stores
  26. Macerich (Shopping Malls)
  27. Modell’s Sporting Goods
  28. Paragon Theaters
  29. Peet’s Coffee and Tea
  30. Regal Cinemas
  31. Simon (Shopping Malls)
  32. Southern Theatres
  33. Sprouts Farmers Market
  34. Square
  35. Sterling Jewelers (Kay, Jared, Shaw & others)
  36. T.G.I. Friday’s (and all Carlson Companies)
  37. The New York Times Company
  38. Toy’s R Us / Babies R Us
  39. US Bank
  40. Value City Furniture
  41. Waffle House
  42. Walgreens
  43. Whole Foods Market

2,013 Comments

1. Well Stewy, then you owe me an apology. I’ve been on here for a long time. Always use Manx. I do it on places where we use handles. I’ ve been using it for for many years when I need a handle.. Ask your group owner. I always go under it except the other day on my new tablet chrome auto fills and puts in my name. So what? I don’t have to pretend shit. I am exactly who I say I am and have always been a polite, honest member. The funny part is I was buying ammo and looking at my phone for a particular holster earlier when you pop up again. The manager thought it was hilarious when I explained what you were doing. You want pictures and receipt? I’ll send it happily to the group owner on messenger if it will make you feel better. It was around 6:30 this evening. I did take a moment to write you back ast the counter because it was somewhat annoying. Still, you exhibit more paranoia. Go ahead ask the group owner if anything you have said about me is true. He can look up my posts. I have written him more than once. He seems like an intelligent person. I think he will tell you if you flat out ask him, I am no troll nor have I ever been about this issue. I have some difference of opinion on some things but what does that have to do with you? I wasn’t addessing you. So still you can’t explain what your problem with me is. You interjected and got ugly. Who knows why, who care, but going all out conspiracy theory is a little creepy. Now can we knock off the playground bully stuff. I’m sure like me, you have more important things to do than attack fellow group members for no reason.

2. I’ve been Manx since I joined. I usef my name the other because I don’t normally interact a lot and don’t really care what it says. Howevert that is my real name and Manx my group name. What’s your point? Again, paranoia runs deep. Look it up if your so worried. You’re tiresome with nothing to add except bizarre insults. Oh yes for Stewy.

3. Bless his heart. Poor Stewy, or whatever, doesn’t understand he’s being ugly to people who are on this site for a good reason. We are members. It has nothing to do with trolling. Paranoia runs deep.

4. Have fun, and Enjoy yourself!

5. Why give them the time of day. The idea of this site is to post about business that are unfriendly to gun owners. These are the companies I will not do business with.
    Going back and forth calling each other names plays into there hand and gets into your head, Why let them!

6. Well Kyew, I’m not sure what meds your on or off but any idea why you keep attacking a member of your group that you know nothing about? What exactly is your problem? That I suggested calling people vulgar names is inappropriate? Well it is. Are you by chance offended that I’m likely a person who agrees with the right to carry and owns handguns but am female? Hhhmmm? What exactly is your problem? See, I didn’t call you a vulgar name though it is quite clear what you are. When you figure out why you think we are all morons please inform the group. Thanks.

7. Vicious commemts don’t promote your cause, they only make you look ignorant.

8. Perhaps I’m simply too realistic, but I see no reason I should be required to trust “jon/jane q public” to do the right thing with a weapon he/she is in possession of…considering it requires more to legally obtain a drivers license than a firearm (and we all know other drivers cannot be trusted with OUR best interests over their own). If people don’t question every single instance of open or concealed (when noticed) carry by involving the police, they will unquestionably look past the people who are carrying them without legal permission or carrying with intention unrelated to defense.

Seeing some random individual with a gun in a public place gives me incentive to leave with haste. I have no way to know their intention and will not put myself or family at risk with a “watch and see – let’s hope for the best” policy.

Having them in the home for defense is not something I would argue against, but no one has any right to claim they make me and mine feel safer with their weapons when, in fact, they do just the opposite.

I have decades of experience with firearms: formal training, formerly a seller of firearms and I enjoy shooting, but do not in any way support firearms in public for any other than law enforcement personnel.

I regularly ask people if seeing a random store customer with a gun makes them feel safe and their answers are almost always the same as mine. They hurriedly vacate either by checking out asap or just walking away from their cart as we do. I also always ask why. That answer is almost always the same as well: Because they have no way to be sure the individual can be trusted with the gun they possess nor is there any indicator that said individual would act responsibly and not put anyone else in harms way. Faith is belief in the absence of fact and as such putting faith in random individuals that may by choice or by error put you or your loved ones in harms way is a foolish prospect.

We’ll support the businesses on the list more. Thank you for the compilation.

• easier to get a gunn than a drivers license? BS. You are a idiot. You can beat your wife, NOT be a citizen, have a felony record, be a criminal, a drug user, a alcoholic, have a checkered past, be mentally unstable and much more and qualify to drive BUT NOT OWN AND BE PERMITTED TO HAVE A GUN. You are again, well, stupid. Get your facts straight before you stick your chin out.

• The FACT is, we put faith and trust in the (irresponsible) persons driving around us in that 3k pound weapon referred to as a vehicle every time we get in to drive somewhere. I see more traffic violations everyday than I do firearm violations from law abiding CWP holders. i.e. red light runners, hit and run, erratic lane changes, speeding to name a few.

• who let this limp wristed liberal on this site?

9. Admin request for comment from Benny Butteater to Jennifer Knight. Needs review.Thank you.

10. Admin please, this is unacceptable.

11. Nevada is much the same, Signage has no weight of law, and yes if noticed and asked to leave, you can be sighted with trespassing if you don’t leave. I have never been made because its concealed. I don’t carry a cannon on my hip.

12. I live in Colorado and state law is very specific as to where you can and cannot carry. Where you cannot carry, other than places mandated by federal law, is anywhere there is active measures being taken to prevent carrying. Such as metal detectors and/or personnel checking for weapons. A sign in the window is not enforceable by law. However, if owner/management sees your weapon and asks you to leave, you have two choices. You can leave or you can be arrested for armed trespass. Pretty easy decision.
    I carry everywhere I go. Remember, it’s called concealed carry. I’ve only been asked to leave twice. Once in a hospital and once in a doctor’s office.

13. Why call the guy an idiot, it does no good. He’s most likely chuckling to himself, and your blood pressure is up. I’m thankful for the list and the signs in windows of the no fly zone. They don’t get any of my money unless there is no alternative. I just don’t go there wether I’m carrying or not. In Nevada the signs are to be laughed at, and carry no weight of the law. So if I have to go in one of the places listed above or a local with a sign, I go anyway. Screw the sing!

14. Thanks for posting this list! I will enthusiatically support all the businesses on it!

15. I’m happy someone will be patronizing them,and hopefully you will be safe. I don’t have much faith in gun free establishments now days

• A Gun Free Zone list helps make an informed decision to busineses one chooses not to patronize as a choice as much as it their choice not to allow firearms. Those who make an informed choice whether to own a firearm or not is a personal choice. How one chooses to defend themselves or family again is a personal choice. So those who do not wish to own a firearm should not restrict those whom choose to. Just to be clear, my references are to those who can legally possess a firearm.
      So knowing the business that don’t recognize your choice to self defense should not earn your money.

16. I will make sure to pass it along to everyone to PATRONIZE these businesses as much as possible.

17. I don’t think you’re quite there yet either ! Concealed carry has done a great deal to eliminate crime. You don’t hear too much about it …….

18. I am not here to argue any of these comments everyone has an opinion and you are welcome to yours but just like religion I am free to believe in which ever deity I wish it is my right. I am glad most places which allow CCW also allow open carry. This is not something that I would do and I am not comfortable displaying my firearm to anyone. However, with that being said the open carry laws do protect the licensed concealed carrier. the way the CCW laws are written if you happen to grab your wallet and your shirt tail displays your firearm and you don’t realize it you are in violation of the CCW laws. having the open carry laws in effect is simply a buffer for that or if you happen to paint because you put on a few pounds and your shirts are tighter you would be in violation of some states CCW laws. Open carry has its place but in order to carry you should have your background checked. These are my thoughts on this matter and you are welcome to agree or disagree but these are my views and there is no reason to argue with me about them. have a nice day.

• James….I’m not sure about all states but according to my ccw teachers, (a state cop and a local county sheriffs deputy), in the state of Illinois accidental displays are not in violations with the law. Just make adjustment quick and smooth and go about your day.

The scenario my instructor used was being in a store and reaching on a top shelf for something and your weapon shows as you stretch. Not a violation if you are truly trying to conceal. I was at a truck stop one day with a wind breaker covering my weapon when a burst of wind came up and blew my jacket up high enough to completely expose my weapon. I just very calmly pulled my cover back down and went on about my business.

Purposely showing is where its illegal. Most people will never even know you are carrying unless its some eagle eyed cop or someone else that carries.

Other states might be different but I doubt it if one is making a very honest effort to conceal

Not arguing with you just a friendly disagreement.

19. I don’t carry a gun, but those who want to carry a gun should be allowed to do such!

20. In Nevada the signs carry no weight of the law. If you are asked to leave and do not they can charge you with a trespass charge. Different laws for different states…..

21. The Walgreens near my house doesn’t have any signage up denying guns on the premises.

• I wondered sort of the same thing as a Target near me doesn’t have it posted on the entrance. Is it a blanket store/franchise policy and whether posted or not makes it Gun Free or No Firearms no matter what state?
      Does someone know from a legal stand? Though concealed, would hate to have a tresspass charge.

22. I was referring to the person who would walk out because someone was open carrying! They would be required to pay!

23. I personally do not open carry. I can’t think of any reason I would wan’t to. Yes it is legal in Nevada. I have a concealed permit. Yes I carry concealed. I do so because I want to fit in with the crowd, not stand out. I do so because there are people that are not informed on the laws of this state, and might drop a dime to the local cop shop. Depending how they report it, you Mr. open carry might be detained, pending on verification of criminal status, ( wants or warrants). I know there will be posts that will want to argue the point. I don’t care! I’m not looking to stir the pot. I have heard all the arguments on both sides of this, and choose carry concealed. Most people open carrying I have seen and talked to do not have a concealed permit. Some because they can’t get or are waiting in limbo till theres arirves in the mail. Then there are those that have the look at me attitude I have a gun.

24. …and if you leave without paying they can have you arrested!

25. Carry as you see fit. If you like open carry then do so. If you like concealed then do so. If you don’t like carrying a firearm then don’t. There is no best way! I personally don’t patronize a place with signs unless It is a must do. I enjoy places without signs!

26. Its our constitutional right to carry however we please. I couldn’t care less how safe you feel if I have my gun visible. I carry full size pistols so concealing would be difficult and I don’t have any concealable holsters. As far as it making me a Target, good. I would rather someone come after me first since I have a better chance of stopping them than others and I live in Texas so I know the people around me are most likely carrying so they could respond to the threat.
    America is becoming to soft. We care to much about how people feel, so much so that we would give up our right to make others happy. It needs to end. We need to become a great nation again and stop crying about everything.

27. Is there a list for 2016?

28. All the Walgreens I have been to have no problem with me (ccw) and my friend (oc) when were in there stores and even the manager introduce us to another manager telling her not be scared when she sees us in the store. They also have no signs on any of there doors or stores that I’ve been too

29. It will be a cold day in Hell before I spend or donate any money to good will !
    It is a for profit institution it is 100% pure profit! If you want to donate to give to the Salvation Army or buy from their stores !

30. Yes! I read it, now reread my comment! I stand by it!

• I sincerely respect and support your right to your opinion and your passion for your candidate. But, piss in the wind I shall. But, at least I’ll know the piss raining down on me is my own. My vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson, I take no responsibility if Hillary wins. No, that falls squarely on the shoulders of the blind sheep that continue to support and vote for that lying, unconvicted felon, piece of deviousness.

• Classic example of win a battle and lose a war. Voting 3rd party based on the current state of elections is in fact a wasted vote. Trump among many other issues is trying to change that. He has stated many times the current rules are fixed, outdated, and wrong. Vote for trump and in the future it will be easier to allow 3rd party candidates. But, if Hitlery wins our Country will forever change for many decades to come with no turning back. Go do what you will. Hillary awaits your vote with dollars and peoples lives in her headlights..

31. Truly frightening.

32. Your pissing into the wind if you think he has a shot. Every vote for him is a vote for Hillary!

33. Trump was not my first choice, but he was in the top three. I would and will vote for anybody but Hillary. I have been following there escapades for about thirty years. I would vote for the runner up in the westminster dog show rather than her.

• If the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and government getting out of your business is what you want to support, you (and any like minded person) may want to look over the Libertarian platform (lp.org) and the Johnson/Weld ticket. It’s not everyone’s ideal (I don’t agree with all of their planks), but it’s more in line with my beliefs than either of the other two presidential “hopenots.” Plus, if they can get in on the debates, I think they have a real shot.

• I have looked at the Libertarian Party. I like a lot of what they propose.

However, at this point in time, I see no viable chance for them to win a national election.
        If the upcoming election were expected to be a runaway, I could see casting a Libertarian vote to make a statement. However, in the situation we are all faced with, I see that vote as too important, and too likely to make a difference, to ‘throw it away’ to make a statement.

I hope you’ll give some more thought to the possible consequences of ‘making a statement’. .

34. Been Trump all along for me….

35. A lot of stupidity batting back and forth. Spin it you liberal tards!

36. The way you have described it, most likely no. You would be defending your life and your kid. I would check with the laws in the state your living in. Getting your CWP requires training in most all states. This is one of the topics that is covered in the classes….

37. I really dont want to get in this but, what if your a conceal and carry citizen and a “bad guy” comes in an establishment shooting and hits your kid, you shoot him, and he dies. Wont you get charged with a homicide charge at least? Now know this, im for being able to arm yourself at any time with the proper licence, anywhere, but if you kill someone even in self defense your still going to catch a charge, right? Ok im ignorant to the laws so to stay neutral in this, please educate me in this. I dont get online alot so please feel free to comment to me via text message, my number is 7three1-2two0-18fifty3. Now i posted my number like this so humans only can contact me, thank you.

• Most Businesses that have signs stating NO GUNS don’t have the force of LAW backing them. IF you are legal within your local, state and federal guidelines and are licensed best those businesses can do is ask you to leave. They can refuse service for almost any reason. You should stay until the cops arrive and escort you out as it will embarrass the business and they lose customers with the police there and all. You will not be arrested as you have the weight of law behind you. basically, FOK em!

38. I have to ask what bills or amendments are taking away your guns? I am a gun owner as well
    and have no issues with background checks or waiting periods
    what policies has trump made public that is going to reduce crime
    looking forward to anyone’s response

• I have to ask what bills or amendments are taking away your guns? I am a gun owner as well
      and have no issues with background checks or waiting periods
      what policies has trump made public that is going to reduce crime
      looking forward to anyone’s response

• non of those bills you posted have effected my ability to own a gun
      explain how they have inhibited you from owning a gun?
      if a crime is prevented how would one be able to keep stats on that
      illogical statement

• I’ll keep it simple, gun people like you are nothing but 5th column traitors.
        2A…End of statement!
        No one needs to rationalize what type,how many or the carrying there of.
        And i doubt highly you are a gun owner, calling you troll

• Clarity-my post 7/29/16 10:45 is directed at Dave Birddog.
        A brown gun 5th columnist, as evident in his handle

39. Rosemarie DeWolf

This is all good HOWEVER, who is going to take the bad guys guns away from them? Why did all the shootings happen in a gun free zone? Well I’ll tell you, you take all the guns away from hard working Americans that have and respect guns and you post all the gun free zones names and addresses – what did you expect??? I say there will be something BIG happening here in the US – because Obama is still in office and once Trump gets elected the BS will stop.

40. so are you crazy kids going to boycott the republican convention? the city of Cleveland?
    I just have to ask why is it you want to be able to carry a weapon at my kids grade school
    but yet your party doesnt want them at their prom?

• 1. Donald Trump has Secret Service protection. It is illegal to have weapons at, or even protest (within a certain, safe distance, determined by them) an event where they are “in charge.”
      2. Carrying at your kid’s school is to help protect your kid. If your kid (and/or you) is frightened by the presence of guns, it’s because someone taught them fear instead of respect.
      3. I have a right to self protection. I choose not to be a victim. Please be so kind as to allow me that choice, as I allow you to make your own choice, without prejudice.
      4. If a good “guy” with a gun prevented, disrupted or stopped a crime against one of your loved ones, I highly doubt you’d curse the armed citizen that put their life, and potentially their finances and freedom on the line. If you would, then shame on you.
      5. “Gun Free” signs and laws do little, if anything, to prevent gun violence, they just help ensure an assailant’s victims are not able to protect themselves. Considering what they plan to do, a weapons charge is the least of their worries.
      6. “Gun Free” zones are discriminatory, plan and simple. That point is easily proven by knowing with utmost certainty, how the same argument would be raised if a business posted signs saying “Armed Persons Only.”
      7. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But one must also recognize when that opinion is based on emotion and not facts.
      8. You condescension is an immature response based on ignorance. Taking my valuable time to respond to your comment and help educate you is a favor you didn’t earn. We (legal) gun owners are like that, selfless and generous.

• You missed were I said I was a gun owner as well so from your post
        its ok if the secret service tells you not to carry a gun but yet you have a problem with a business owner not wanting you to bring a gun into their place of business
        hypocrisy ?
        as for my child’s school being safer because you have brought a gun a premises
        I’m sure the mother that was shot because someone was adjusting the gun in their sock would disagree as would the man shot in the leg at a cracker barrel when a gun fell out of a customers pocket as he was paying his bill in both cases the shooters were not charges
        as the shootings were “accidents” it must be horrible to be crippled by such fear
        that one would feel the need to be armed at a babies R us store
        no you do not make the streets of America safer but more like a 3rd world
        country as I said I to am a gun owner and you and your kind offer a view point
        of under educated ignorance that reflects poorly on all gun owners
        the time I have taken to respond to you is also a favor but you earned
        for I could not let such Ignorance go unchecked
        Did you enjoy the republican prom?
        Fact check . org is a wonderful website full of facts and debunking lies

• what is the proper way to carry your weapon in public?
          in your sock? so it falls out while reaching for your wallet?
          so your 3yr old can pull it out of your purse and shot it?
          these are not accidents these are irresponsible behaviors
          if someone is drunk behind the wheel than yes they should be and often are
          charged with a crime its about being accountable for your actions
          if someone stole your gun why would you be held responsible?

unless you are saying your weapon wasn’t properly stored in a safe responsible manner when not in use is that what you are implying?
          and if your 6yr old child walks out of the house and shoots the kid next door
          that is something you would consider a accident because you failed to take responsibility of your weapon and failed to secure it safely

from your post I can understand why you would “lol” at the word FACT
          and yes my being a gun owner does give my valid opinion weight as
          I’m asking for how your rights have been effected
          as mine have not

• Let’s look at your reply “point” by “point.”
          1. Yes, I failed to recognize you as a gun owner, please accept my most sincere apology for that faux pas.
          2. I never said I agreed with any of the laws, rules and/or power of the Secret Service, I merely stated a fact.
          3. I fully support a business’ desire to not allow weapons on their property, because I support a business’ right to deny service to anyone for any reason. It’s their business. But, ALL other reasons for denying service, except that of banning weapons, are labeled discriminatory, and as such, illegal. This practice is both hypocritical and discriminatory.
          4 & 6. Even the most liberally biased surveys have found that 70,000 crimes are prevented, disrupted or stopped in America each year by armed citizens. That number, for a variety of reasons, is likely much, much higher. So, yes America is safer with armed citizens. I will agree that not all of those citizens are responsible, and It’s unfortunate. Carrying a weapon is not to be taken lightly and those instances you mentioned were easily preventable and should not have happened. I cannot pass judgement on why charges were not filed, I wasn’t there. But, as horrific as they are, they are not grounds for punishing the entire populous.
          5. I do not fear being attacked at Babies-R-Us, or anywhere else for that matter. I choose to be prepared if the worse occurs. I choose to not allow myself, or others around me, to become victims. There is a huge difference between fear and preparedness. Fear is reactivity, preparedness is pro-activity.
          6. “3rd World Country” See #4 above.
          7. Your ” I’m rubber, you’re glue,” response to my stating your ignorance is truly entertaining. Thanks, I had a good laugh. But, if you seriously think my factual and logical responses are ignorant and uneducated, then by all means do so. I welcome, and defend, your right to your opinion and free speech/press.
          8. I never said I was a Republican, so I may, or may not, have desired to attend the convention.
          9. I appreciate the reference to factcheck.org. It obviously doesn’t apply to my comments, as they are all based in either fact or sound logic. I can only assume you wish for me to use it to double check your posts. I will gladly do that for you, my fellow gun owner, because, as I said before, I’m selfless and generous and don’t want you to go around making a fool of yourself. After all, we don’t need anyone else reflecting poorly on gun owners (wink, wink).
          10. Since you so graciously offered a web reference for me, please allow me to do the same: grammarcheck.net/editor/

• And the 5th Columnist Brown Gun elitist trolls more

• Let’s look at your reply “point” by “point.”
        6. “3rd World Country” See #4 above.

• Yeah, I don’t know exactly what happened there, but I posted it again in (hopefully) the right spot. I apologize for the confusion.

41. The list has 53 entries, the links list only has 43. Why the disparity?

42. Mike Boggs is a bit scary. This is how people radicalize and then justify hurting people.

43. Unfortunately most people in this country including gun owners and advocates don’t realize that the PRIMARY reason for the Second Ammendment is for our protection against a tyrannical government such as the one we have now. Self protection against criminals and others that would do us harm is a secondary reason. If you don’t think Obama having the IRS target political enemies and Hillary Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama calling Republicans “enemies” is tyrannical then I don’t know what freaking planet you live on. Conservative thinking people make one half of the US population, therefore, that tells ME that one half of the US population they consider their enemies. Now YOU tell ME who is divisive as both Hillary and Obama have called Republicans (conservatives) divisive. The left in this country count on their constituents being ignorant, uneducated, uninformed, or stupid or a combination of some or all of the above. Well, they got it right. They voted King Barry into office twice. Now Jennifer, tell me that “gun owners” have a limited vocabulary. Oh, and by the way, I am a high school dropout who has SELF EDUCATED myself. So much for the highly touted Ivy League education.

• Not too “self-educated” if you don’t know that Far Right Conservatives are a lot less than 50% of the populations. I don’t think you have any legit data to prove that Obama OR Clinton have called any Americans “enemies” because it just doesn’t exist. Also, Obama nor Clinton have done NOTHING to limit your 2nd Amendment rights. In fact, Obama has extended them to include National Monuments and Parks. Also, there is all this talk about how taking away guns would not decrease crime. Might I point out that if you did your research, you will find that when the Government BANNED the machine gun that crime dropped drastically. “Self-educate” yourself some more because you aren’t quite there yet!

44. This forum makes me laugh…. When I took my CCW class, one of the first things we were taught was to recognize our own emotions and how to control them. Most of the anger, name calling, mud slinging seems to come from the anti 2nd amend people. I legally carry and train on a regular basis. I try to obey all laws and respect all businesses beliefs IF I go to there establishments, and I prey every time I put it on that I never have to use it…..but will if I am forced to. All I got to say is “peace”……

45. Thanks for doing all the research. now I know where to shop. This list works more against gun rights advocates than for them. If you want gun control shop at these places.

46. I will come right out and say that I am not a “gun rights” advocate nor am I a crazy liberal who wants to take away all guns. This whole business of a good guy with a gun screams insanity to me. If I am unarmed (which I am 100% of the time) and in a store or building and an “armed, ready to kill” shooter comes in with any kind of gun(s). The chances of me getting shot goes up with the number of guns that are used by both the shooter and the good guys. It DOES NOT go down…http://americannewsx.com/politics/collateral-damage-750000-gun-deaths-20-years/

A well trained marksman spends hours upon hours practicing but very few have the time or money to practice simulated situations. Real time, Real life filled with “x” factors. These people do exist but I would guess they have a profession that requires this kind of training. In reality the chance of a highly trained professional being in the right place at the right time is extremely low. So do I want to feel myself surrounded with a bunch of “I think I am better” than they really are gun owners (sorry people but that is a pretty accurate assessment of many gun owners) in a high intensity situation… That is a recipe for disaster.

I know there will be those of you who will debate this but friendly fire & collateral damage is not researched because of legal maneuvering by gun lobbyists. Why is this? What is it the NRA is so “afraid” of coming to light? http://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-nra-kills-gun-violence-research-2013-1

The NRA does not represent me, I am not a gun owner, I don’t want an agency leveraging an agenda for their supporters when this same agencies effectively blocks/censors necessary information that most likely will refute their propaganda. In the mix of NRA supporters are many gun owners who feel they are living in a war zone or video game version of reality, and that is a problem.

Where are my rights? I want freedom from the stranglehold the NRA has on Congress.

47. @Kevin Crawford You’ve obviously never read the Second Amendment, moron. The laws making certain weapons Illegal are illegal.

It’s the braying dolts like yourself who just can’t seem to grasp simple English.

• Kyew, someone on here called a lady who was very polite a cu”#. You also called me a moron. Hence you made my point. If you can’t speak to people without attempting to denigrate them you become ineffective. He was hardly trying to educate anyone. Sorry you didn”t understand.

48. Goodwill is not Goodwill! It’s a privately owned company. Takes donated items and resells them at a 100% profit. there is no goodwill or donations, except to line there own pockets. I would not support in donating or buying from them, If allowed to carry or not!

• Steve B. you might wanna check your data, I know for a Fact that $.78 out of every dollar taken in by Goodwill goes towards education for people who previously dropped out of high school,as well as Job training programs for people who are having issues with finding work….
      Any time you wanna see those programs in action come on down to Austin Texas and I’ll show you the Free High school, the Job Training facility,and the summer youth programs that are always in effect here due to Goodwill Central Texas !!!!

49. Goodwill is also a place that will tell you not to carry a gun inside their store. As well as speedway outlet thrift store in Tucson AZ where it’s legal to open carry but since it’s private property they can request that, but I just won’t spend money unless there’s a gun on my hip (personally got told they would call the cops.. So I just said okay and walked out)