The Second Amendment Check Boycott List

All companies we boycott have received a 2ACheck rating of “F” for their lack of respect for the rights of gun owners.  Your experience with some of these companies will vary based on location, however, the boycott is based on the corporate policy toward responsible gun owners.

We believe guns in the hands of good people make everyone safer.  We encourage freedom loving Americans to boycott anti-gun companies until they improve their policy.  Please share this page.

We also strongly recommend everyone know the firearms laws applicable in their own state, and states they travel through.  We recommend something like the Traveler’s Guide to Firearms Laws.

Print this image and post it publicly for all to see, take it with you, give it to friends, etc.

Boycott List 2014.09.22

**Feb 28, 2018** Add DICK’S SPORTING GOODS to the list of businesses supporters of The Second Amendment should never patronize again.  They were given a second chance after their hints at stopping rifle sales after the Newtown, CT shooting in 2012.  With today’s announcement, they are dead to us….FOREVER.

We are attempting to provide detailed rationale for the entries on this list.  Some, but not all have been provided.  We are working to get the rest updated ASAP.  Click on the name of a company below to learn valuable information about the company, its policy and other brands under the same corporate umbrella.

We provide you with contact information for every company on the list. We encourage you to contact them for the following reasons:

1) Verify for yourself that we have accurately described their behavior

2) Inform the company that they have lost your business

3) Encourage them to change their policy to be more respectful of the rights of gun owners if they want to earn your business.  Our long-term goal should be to try to influence them to respect our rights.  Never be rude.  Always be polite.

1. A & P
  2. ABC (American Broadcasting Company)
  3. AMC Theatres
  4. Bank of America
  5. BB&T Bank
  6. Bloomin’ Brands (Outback Steakhouse, Carrabba’s Italian Grill and others)
  7. Brinker International (Chili’s and Maggiano’s)
  8. Buffalo Wild Wings
  9. California Pizza Kitchen
  10. Carmike Cinemas
  11. CBL & Associates Properties (Shopping Malls)
  12. CBS
  13. Chuck E. Cheese’s
  14. Cinemark Theatres
  15. CNN/Time Warner
  16. Comcast/NBC Universal
  17. Costco
  18. Dick’s Sporting Goods
  19. Forest City Enterprises (Shopping Malls)
  20. General Growth Properties (Shopping Malls)
  21. hhgregg
  22. Hooters
  23. Howard Hughes Corporation (Shopping Malls)
  24. IKEA
  25. Jack in the Box / Qdoba Mexican Grill
  26. Jo-Ann Stores
  27. Macerich (Shopping Malls)
  28. Modell’s Sporting Goods
  29. Paragon Theaters
  30. Peet’s Coffee and Tea
  31. Regal Cinemas
  32. Simon (Shopping Malls)
  33. Southern Theatres
  34. Sprouts Farmers Market
  35. Square
  36. Starbucks
  37. Sterling Jewelers (Kay, Jared, Shaw & others)
  38. T.G.I. Friday’s (and all Carlson Companies)
  39. The New York Times Company
  40. The Washington Post
  41. Toy’s R Us / Babies R Us (Now bankrupt)
  42. US Bank
  43. Value City Furniture
  44. Waffle House
  45. Wells Fargo
  46. Whole Foods Market

2,462 Comments

1. So I did some research into Chase bank, they are friendly to customers 2a rights but the code of conduct for employees states “unauthorized possession or use of weapons, or menacing references to weapons, while at work, on Company property or while on Company business is also strictly prohibited unless otherwise expressly permitted by operative state or local law.” That is pulled directly from their 2014 code of conduct I was able to download.

2. FUCK ALL YOU LITTLE DICK GUN NUTS.

• ROTFLMAO. Tommy….can I call you Tommy? Did you think of that all by yourself, or did someone help you? Do tell. And BTW, how do you know gun nuts have small dicks? Do you look at men’s privates when you’re in public showers or saunas? Do you like what you see? Do tell.

3. If you limp wrists and candy asses knew how many people were carrying fully loaded guns in these stores you’d wet your diapers. Signs mean nothing. Post all you want. When you’re standing next to me in line, know I have a loaded gun only inches away from you.

4. I hate guns. Hate them a lot. Last year I was enjoying a latte at my local Starbucks, which had a no guns sign clearly posted on the front door. I was half way done with my expensive coffee when guy burst through the door with what looked like an AK47. He began shooting. It was horrible. My cousin, who has a permit to carry, wasn’t with me that day. Sadly I was hit 4 times and died at the scene. I didn’t mind dying, but after spending $4 for a venti latte, I never got to finish it. Moral of my story: if you go to a Starbucks, order a medium drink, so at least you will be able to finish it before a gunman blows you away.

5. Toys “R” Us and Chucky Cheeses? The NRA makes me laugh, literally, beer out of the nose laughing

6. Thanks for this list of responsible companies that value the safety of their customers because…yeah…all these acts of slaughter were stopped by gun carrying citizens…cough!

• Exactly, it took 23 armed, highly trained men to take down the shooter in CA. People are telling us that if only someone had a gun they could have handled the situation. What a joke! And if this was the case-where were those gun carrying people and why did they not show up?

• There were a few people at the event who had guns on them but wisely chose not to use them or they would be dead. The attackers were wearing body armour and using metal piercing bullets.

• You’re a joke, you freakin’ burn out.

• Initial shooting happened in a CA location civilian possession of firearms is prohibited, in a state where concealed carry permits are limited to well-connected political donors and celebrities. In a Texas location, the perps would have gone down in a hail of return fire, from all the legal carry permit owners.

• When I carry, I keep it concealed, I will go where I want. That is why it is called concealed. Call me all the names you want, it shows your ignorance!

• So, as a responsible, law abiding citizen your saying fuck the law, I’ll do as I damned well please?
        I’m a gun owner, I carry concealed every time I go out. I also watch for No Gun signs on the doors of businesses I frequent. If they don’t want guns in their establishments, I leave mine locked in the vehicle. I don’t like it but it’s the law. It’s also their prerogative as I don’t own the business, they do.
        If i don’t miss my guess, you’d be outraged if someone told you how to run your own business.
        So, let me ask you, how is that whole boycotting the NFL and NASCAR going for you. I know, NASCAR isn’t on the list but without Good Year there is no NASCAR. I’d lay money on a bet that any time you could you’d buy a ticket to a NFL game and attend. If you were caught with your gun inside the stadium you’d be arrested and most likely fined heavily and face the possible loss of you CCW permit.
        Now, I haven’t called you any names but as an NRA certified handgun and CCW instructor, I’ll damned sure call you out on your BS.
        I really hope you were never in one of my classes.

• YOU are a ‘tard. Even in the Wild West of yore they had towns in which guns were banned. Back even then they knew that more guns = more death. A history lesson lost on idiots like you.

7. If the average citizen were a better shot, then I might feel safer with people carrying their guns everywhere. But most suck. Get over yourawlvea, gun nuts. You ain’t Clint Eastwood on the trigger. And someone coming in unexpectedly will have 50 bullets up your ass before your donut eating fat ass can even get your pudgy, sticky fingers on the trigger. So shut the fuck up, NRA faggots.

8. I think I’m going to start a list of idiots so I can avoid places where they seem to mindlessly congregate. No. 1 on my list: “Dale.” No. 2. “John Willow.”

9. Come on, all of you! Really? Insulting and calling names is going to somehow help your “cause”? It is nice that you all have found this safe place to get pissed off, but you aren’t changing anyone’s minds with that approach … you are giving the “other side” another opportunity to reinforce their thinking. You make them stronger with your disrespect.

10. Shouldn’t Target also be on this list?

11. I’m going to spend all of my money at every single one of these establishments. Thanks for the list!

12. Was trying to decide where to go get dinner tonight! Thanks for the list of options. I think I’ll go to Panera!

13. It is a proven fact that a crazy with a semi automatic rifle and hundreds of rounds of armor piercing ammo, and the psychotic urge to kill, will NOT enter any business or establishment where there’s a ‘NO GUNS ALLOWED” sign posted. If you see that sign, you can feel safe to patronize that business. Please pass this info along to friends and family.

• That is the most hilarious thing I’ve ever read. If it’s a proven fact that crazies won’t enter anti-gun establishments, I’d like to have the citation for that study, so I can look it up and read the study for myself. I find this very hard to believe.

• I think Jerry was being heavily sarcastic and cheeky.

Yeah I agree posting a stupid little sign isn’t gonna do one bit to deter anyone intent on committing a crime in that place.

• Sorry, Jerry, I think you were being sarcastic here. I mistakenly read it as a serious comment. My husband has a conceal and carry license, but you will never know when he is carrying. He’s not a crazy vigillante. He is a rational citizen who does not want to die at the hands of a maniac. Guns don’t kill people; people do, so you folks who want to keep your head in the sand, go ahead. I choose to get my head out of the sand and live.

• Your right Janice, guns don’t kill people, that’s why were not demanding background checks on guns, were demanding them for people.
          I also have a CCW permit and teach CCW and handgun safety. I’m not a lunatic, said every lunatic ever, but really, I want sensible gun laws and I want them enforced. Allowing people on a Terrorists watch list to legally buy guns, while having a fit about allowing refugees to resettle here in the U.S., is to say the least, insanity. Allowing people to buy guns from non licensed citizens, without a background check, does nothing to keep your family and yourself safe., if anything, it encourages the people you don’t want to have guns, to buy them cheaply and easily.
          I’m all about the 2nd A. but it’s time to bring some sanity back and the 1st thing that needs to be done is for LaPierre to go, along with Nugent who just endorsed shooting anyone with a liberal agenda.
          The problem is LaPierre wasn’t voted in, he was appointed and since his dictatorship began the NRA has been going off the rails. If it were up to the members that belong to the NRA, myself included, he’d be out on his smug ass tomorrow, and that, has been, rock star, can kiss my liberal ass.

• “Guns don’t kill people, people do”. Lmao. The 1990s called. They want their bullshit catchphrases back.

• Have you heard of sarcasm?

• “hundreds of rounds of armor piercing ammo”? Where can I buy that Jerry? I’m new to this whole gun thing, what is an armor piercing bullet, how are they different from an ordinary bullet? Inquiring minds want to know.

14. I encourage all you anti-gun folks to shop at these stores. If you do, though, bring your bibles, because if a maniac with a gun should decide that your “gun free zone” shopping experience is the perfect place to be turned into a shooting gallery, you’re going to die. The bible, of course, if for you to pray before the spray of bullets ends your life. Happy Holidays….they may be your last.

• I don’t know, the Bible is thick enough to stop a few rounds. If not good for anything else, it could provide political body armor.

• So when more than a dozen military personnel were shot down on a base by a mass shooter, their guns kept them from being killed? Hint: no they didn’t.

• Hint: They weren’t allowed to carry their guns on the base to protect themselves. Had they been able to, perhaps more than a dozen would not have been killed by a madman. Thank you, Bill Clinton.

• Thank you, Bill Clinton? Really?? LOL. You can thank George W Bush for destroying our country, no, OUR WORLD. ISIS wouldnt exist if it werent for George W Bush. That redneck genius sent us into an unjustified war which further destabilized the middle east. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and we had no business being there. ISIS grew out of the disenfranchised fighters of Iraq. Going in there was a self serving act for Bush/Cheney that thousands of people had to pay for with their lives. And now, the madness continues. I wonder how Bush/Cheney or anyone in that administration can live with themselves.

• they didn’t have guns because uptight weenies like you

• If there’s a psychotic killer, it will likely be you.

• Oh, but Jerry, please come to our rescue!!! I’m sure your quick trigger finger and hand gun would save us all from criminals with automatic weapons and explosive devices. Good thing the NRA is around to keep us all safe. The gun lobby has done so much for our country. Its really working out well. We are the only country in the nation to be top dog when it comes to gun crime! BRAVO NRA!!!

• Don’t be an idiot. If half the people had guns they would all die just the same.

15. I will definitely shop at as many of these stores as I can and let them know that I support their anti-guns rights policies. Thanks NRA for supplying a list of stores which will be the ones I patronize!!

• Thumbs up! Totally agree.

• Ditto! These stores just made my must-shop list.

• LOL you don’t even have the balls to leave your real name. Ever thought of criminals might look for this list as well looking for easy and weak targets. You people are pathetic thinking we are the bad guys, we are the good guys you morons. We don’t go waving are guns around just because we can, we do it to protect ourselves and our families and morons like you that won’t protect yourself. Wake the hell up. And just a small fYI for you, 90% of us are veterans, 99% of us have been around guns all of our lives. We signed on the dotted line to give you your first amendment right and help you keep your first amendment right and all of your other rights. You go ahead and go to those non-gun wanting stores. Just like Starbucks learned as Sonic drive-ins learned when they announced the day didn’t want guns in their stores they were robbed the next day. What are you going to do when a criminal comes in one of those stores, points of 45 caliber at you and pulls the trigger you’re going to wish that one of us was there to protect your sorry ass. What’s going to happen when a terrorist from ISIL, points in AK 47 at you and you hit your sorry little panties? And all you have is your pathetic little phone in your hands and the cops are minutes away when one of us could be standing right there next to you? You’re going to rethink your comments that you guys have posted on here.

• ^^ this is the reason the world hates ‘murica

• I seriously doubt that 90% of you are Vets. I am a Vet… stop speaking for Vets if you haven’t actually spoke to us. All the Vets I know fully support ALL of the proposed laws including background checks, psych evals, and insurance for ALL weapons. So STOP making statements that have no basis in fact. If your so afraid to leave your house that you need to carry a gun you might want to seek professional counseling for that. Paranoia can have devastating effects…..

• Like the lady who shot at shoplifters at Home Depot. Now there’s some thoughtful protection. We are lucky she hit nobody and nothing.

• I’m not even mad at your comment Dale. That level of stupidity is just astounding!!

16. Thank you for the list, some of my favorite stores are on here, in fact I was just at Costco today. So nice to know I can shop without having to worry about getting caught in “friendly-fire.”

17. Didn’t think this one through, did you gun nuts?

18. many of these businesses are not “gun free zones” in that they have trained, licensed and armed security, which would make me a little more comfortable than some random civilian walking around with a pistol sticking out of his waistband…, like many others are saying, thanks for the list, I will do my best to support these businesses!

19. Laurie A. Smith

I’ll be shopping at ALL of them! Thanks for the list, NRA!

20. Thanks for supplying a list of places I can shop where I’ll feel safe from gun-toting ammosexuals.

• Logic must not be your forte

• Kimberly – I know, right? It’s SUPER logical to think delusional gun-toting citizens acting as street vigilantes are our best idea for security where we shop!! If you don’t understand sarcasm, I’m saying you are of sub-par intelligence thus you should not be trying to diss someone over their logic.

• Yep. So glad we have “gun free zones” because those who would do harm would never think about bringing their guns in to shoot anyone after they read the sign, an I right?

• Pray a maniac doesn’t shoot your brains out next time you go shopping. A “No Guns Allowed” sign is an invitation for a crazy to do his deeds without worry of anyone resisting. Bring your bible with you, though. You might want to pray before the guy finds you hiding in the corner.

• You’re the problem, Jerry.

• Arnold Rosenberg

Jerry, you and your fellow gun nuts have a distorted view of the world. You seem to think that there is a clear divide between “good” guys with guns and “bad” guys with guns. That is a child’s view of the world. In real life, a person with a gun can be “good” today and “bad” tomorrow, and there is no way for the rest of us to know which day this is. The only “good” guys with guns that everyone can be sure about (usually) are law enforcement officers and security guards. They are the only people who should be carrying guns in public. The rest of us are in fear of you guys with guns, and being armed wouldn’t make us less fearful, so let’s get as many guns off the streets as we can.

• What is it with you and talking about the Bible in such a pessimisticly pathetic way? So if someone thinks there should be more gun control and less guns out in public they automatically are Bible huggers?? GET HELP.

• The bible is a fairy tale and if you think your gun is going to save you from a criminal you will probably be dead before you can get your gun out of your polyester pants. CCW has not seemed to make any difference in your weekly mass shootings. I think you need way stricter gun laws and more of your nutcases locked up not given guns. But it is America and a gun is more important than lives. You win you have the most deaths by guns of any non 3rd world country. Bet your so proud, meanwhile the rest of the world is thinking WTF is wrong with them. I love Americans bible in one hand gun in the other what a joke.

21. Going to go to as many as possible of these this weekend! Thanks for letting me know where to shop to support my (anti-gun) values! =)

22. When was the last time a responsible gun owner was able to do anything to keep us safer? How many mass shootings have responsible gun owners thwarted?

• This is my favorite comment!

• Zeero.

• Oh, c’mon, Bob!!! Havent you seen any wild west movies? The good guy with the gun always pull the trigger just in the nick of time, killing only the bad guys and saving all the innocent people. Thanks to the NRA, we have all of these saviors walking around with their little pistols on their belts. Dont you feel well protected?? Im sure any one of them could whip that little gun out and take down any number of intruders with high powered weapons. No problem. They gotcha covered. ROLL NRA REDNECK TRASH! YOU GOT THIS!!

• Pearl High School – Oct. 1, 1997

Parker Middle School – April 24, 1998

Appalachian School of Law – Jan. 16, 2002

New Life Church – Dec. 9, 2007

New York Mills AT&T Store – May 27, 2010

Sullivan Central High School – August 30, 2010

Freewill Baptist Church – March 25, 2012

Clackamas Town Center Mall – Dec. 11, 2012

and many, many more

Maybe you’d hear about them if you got your news from somewhere besides facebook.

• Sullivan Central High School – August 30, 2010: That was a trained officer, not some random citizen with a gun.

• Freewill Baptist Church – March 25, 2012: Not having a gun that stopped the man, “disarmed by congregants who saw the armed man coming through the church windows, locked the doors, and sprang on him after he burst inside” , Huffington Post

• Parker Middle School – April 24, 1998: “[the shooter] fired several shots, fleeing the scene through a rear exit…” -CNN. An armed citizen didn’t stop his attempt at shooting students, he ran out on his own. The restaurant owner found him alone in the alley, the boy wasn’t going to shoot anyone else other than himself…..

• Appalachian School of Law – Jan. 16, 2002: “[the shooter] was tackled by fellow students, the state police reported” -NYTimes. Again, it wasn’t a gun wielding citizen who just pulled a gun on a shooter. It was 3 men who had police training.

• As fun as it has been looking up the events you posted, I think my point has been made. I believe it is you who should be worried about where you are getting your news. It’s not because anyone had a gun and shot the shooters, it’s because they either stopped on their own and ran out was taken down by multiple people.

23. I think it’s incumbent on all of us to only support companies who support mass killings of schoolchildren.

24. Sometimes people wonder why every nation in the world thinks Americans are stupid. Thanks for the reminder gun nuts.

25. This is a great list for keeping track of what businesses deserve a lot more of my money.

26. I just shared this list with all my friends on social media so everyone knows which businesses to support, i.e. the list of fine businesses you just gave us.

27. Thanks for the list! I’m going to use it in SUPPORT of these businesses!

28. Everyone who respects these companies for providing a safe environment to do our business, please write to them and call them to let them know we respect their sanity on guns.

29. If all of you supporters of the communist party would like to add your businesses I would love to not shop at your establishments also

30. How is a business supposed to know whether a pistol-packing customer is a responsible gun owner or a criminal? Ask them? You guys are ridiculous.

31. This is awesome! I now have a central location where I can find the companies I patronize and THANK THEM for not pandering to gun humpers!

• And you don’t think criminals don’t look for this list to know right were all the weak and helpless are at. You better quit carrying around that 25 pound bag of stupid

• SupportVeterans1

Remember the movie theater shooting incident where a guy killed a father because he was texting his 2 year old daughter during the previews? Yeah, so that “responsible” gunman was a former police officer, now he’s a convicted murderer. So please tell me again how only bad guys kill people. Everyone’s “law abiding” until they do something stupid and fly off the handle. It must be tough carrying around that 100lb bag of stupid your whole life.

• So because a few people “fly off the handle” that means every single gun owner is mentally unstable….liberal “logic” at it’s finest /sarcasm

• Don’t forget all the toddler shootings, babies of idiots who cannot figure out how to secure a gun…speaking of which, several recent car thefts involved responsible gun owners, Berkeley chief of police for one, who stupidly left their gun on the front seat in a backpack or bag…not secured in a trunk & gun box.

• “Weak and helpless” LOL… These are not “gun free zones” – they will have armed and TRAINED officers/security who will do a better job than a bunch of untrained delusional gun nuts with hero complexes and who are just frothing at the mouth to use their guns (since they probably have problems using the tiny “gun” in their pants). Let us know if you need help with your two-ton slab of stupid, Dale.

• Not An Obama-Lover

Simon Malls having highly trained and armed security… yeah, the donut packing rent-a-cops at mine 1.) Aren’t armed, and 2.) Are so freakin obese that they will die from heart failure if they tried to stop a criminal, armed or not. And for those of you who think armed gun nuts don’t stop mass shootings, you lib-tards should Google the 16 year old kid who started shooting up his school in Mississippi a couple years back, who was stopped by the vice principal and his .45. Hmm… ignored that one. Good thinking, Obama lovers. Not going to boycott these stores, just not going to advertise that I am carrying.

• I got news for you, buddy. You don’t stop assault weapons with a 45. Not in the real world.

• Wow you even became a sudden expert on tactics overnight. Is there no end to your talents Mr. willow? /sarcasm

32. Thank you for this compilation of businesses where I surely will spend my money and feel safe in.

33. Thanks for the information about where I can shop, eat, and do business without worrying about danerously irresponsible people bringing firearms onto the premises! Happy to give my support to merchants implementing such common-sense measures and thinking about their customers’ safety.

34. Thanks for posting! I already frequent many of these entities, but I’ll make it a point to do so even more now.

35. Thank you for giving me a great shopping list of places to go for Christmas! Gun nuts are gonna have a really sad Christmas this year!

36. So glad to know where to shop safely. Thanks! I’m looking forward to spending my money at these businesses.

37. Thank you for this list. I will make a point of supporting these businesses, and letting their management know that I appreciate and support their “anti-gun” policies.

38. Thank you so much for pointing me In the right direction. I will spend ONLY AT THESE STORES and any others who oppose your distortion of the 2nd amendment.

39. Cool – thanks for the heads up. I will post this on all my social media and encourage my friends to shop at these places that have the courage to protect public safety instead of being intimidated by NRA scare tactics.

40. Barbara Chepaitis

I will definitely SUPPORT all these companies. And I would ask all of you who boycott them to understand that the 2nd Amendment supports a ‘well regulated militia’. The terms are constitutionally clear. All other opinions are from those who have either been bought or brainwashed by the NRA and the gun manufacturers. Use your brain, or someone will use it for you!

41. I’m going to keep a list in my car so I know where to spend my money. I’ll prefer to hang with people who know a thing about the real world. That would mean the companies on this list WILL continue to receive my dollars. I’d love to know what “Not gun friendly” means.

42. It’s too bad that people who quote the 2nd amendment so often do not at all understand it. I will shop at those stores- thanks for the list of companies that i want to support!

43. I’ll take my business else where… I won’t be a victim

44. I want to start by saying I support gun control and I have never or will ever own a gun but I have to respond to Brian about Australia I have been twice they banned certain kinds of guns and when I was there in August and September there was a gunman that shot a few people in Sydney and he was gunned down by police.

45. Thanks for the info. I’ll make sure I do business with these businesses. They sound reasonably sane. I don’t want to shop where people come in and out carrying weapons. If there is a situation– how are the authorities going to know who the bad guys with the guns are if everyone’s carrying guns?

46. Thanks for the list – can’t wait to support these businesses more!

47. I will spend even more money at these places. Thanks for the info, dummies.

48. Thanks for sharing this list. I shop at a number of these stores and will continue to do so.

49. Brain Dead Socialist

This is an easy puzzle to solve. If more guns make a country safer, than the US would be the safest country in the world.

Australia banned gun ownership and they haven’t had a mass shooting in over 7,000 days.

Joseph mentions that presidents are surrounded by heavily-armed men. True. Ignore for a moment that these men have many hundreds of times more hours of active-shooter training than you. Four presidents have been shot and killed and two others shot and wounded. How many assassins were killed by Secret Service? Zero. How many shots has Secret Service fired at an assassin? Zero. They are trained not to, since even they, with all their training and backup, wouldn’t be able to control the situation or contain lateral damage. Instead, their job is to block the President with their bodies.